VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Boris FX Error: Could not load library sx32w.dll

Boris FX Error: Could not load library sx32w.dll was created by jeanguybreton

Posted 07 Apr 2020 08:43 #1
Hello. I already had VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite, and I upgraded to Pro 17.

Is there a big difference between the two programs?

With the purchase of Pro17, I received the free program: film Boris FX Continuum 2020.

But, when I want to install it with Pro17, it doesn't work and I get several error messages. In addition, this same error message appears when starting with Studio 16, and I did not have this problem before.

I have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall.

Nothing to do.

Each time I open my Vegas Pro 17, or Movie Studio 16 Suite software, a dialog box opens and says: "Error: unable to load library: sx32w.dll

I contacted customer service and they don't know what to do.
Last Edit:07 Apr 2020 19:47 by jeanguybreton
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Boris FX Error: Could not load library sx32w.dll

Posted 07 Apr 2020 20:08 #2

I already had VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Suite, and I upgraded to Pro 17.
Is there a big difference between the two programs?

Yes there is a big difference, but I don't have time to list those differences here and now.

With the purchase of Pro17, I received the free program: film Boris FX Continuum 2020

You would have received one of the Continuum 2020 Units and not the entire program.

But, when I want to install it with Pro17, it doesn't work and I get several error messages. In addition, this same error message appears when starting with Studio 16, and I did not have this problem before.

There are many different things that could be causing this problem.
*If you do not have a compatible Graphics Card and Drivers installed, it can cause Boris FX Continuum to not work correctly.
*If you have older versions of Boris Continuum installed on the same computer, you will have to un-install all the older versions.

The first thing I recommend you try is a full program reset for both Vegas Movie Studio and Vegas Pro.
A reset will clean the temporary files cache and may fix some of your errors.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

I recommend you actually contact Boris FX support and ask them for suggestions first.
borisfx.com/support/open-a-case/

Another thing you can do is check to see if you have other Boris FX installed.
Open your Windows Control Panel and go to Programs & Features
Sort by the Publisher column, so that everything is alphabetical.
Look for Boris FX
What is installed ?

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by jeanguybreton on topic Boris FX Error: Could not load library sx32w.dll

Posted 07 Apr 2020 22:35 #3
Hello, the file "ContinuumAE" does not exist as you can see on the first screenshot.

I contacted Boris and they ask me to add a Dll to a file, sx32w.dll.

But, I don't have the "ContinuumAE" folder, only the CONTINUUMOFX folder.

I deleted everything: Vegas Pro17 and also movie suite, and reinstalled everything except Movie suite, and it still doesn't work.

I also cleaned the covers, etc.

Last Edit:09 Apr 2020 18:25 by jeanguybreton

Posted 09 Apr 2020 18:37 #4
I don't have Continuum 2020 installed on my computer, so I cannot experiment with anything.

Did you try opening this folder ?
C:\Program Files\BorisFX\ContinuumOFX\13\lib

If you open the folder ContinuumOFX, is there a "13" and "lib" folder inside ?
If you have a "lib" folder, that is where sx32w.dll should be.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by jeanguybreton on topic Boris FX Error: Could not load library sx32w.dll

Posted 11 Apr 2020 03:26 #5
Hi friend. I swung the Boris Boris effects, because I still had several problems, and I had none before.

I deleted everything (Movie platinum suite, and Vegas Pro17), and thereafter; I cleaned the cache and folder and subfolder of everything that represented Végas, Magix, and Boris.

Subsequently, I reinstalled platinum suite, Vegas Pro17, but I still have problems:

1- my title effects (NEWBLUE TITLER PRO 7 EXPRESS - OPENFX) no longer works.

2- When I take out a report (a film) I have 2 problems: it is so long that I can wait an hour for a small 30-second montage, or else, that bug and I have to open " Windows task manager "to close the program.

I also did your thing to delete the cahes from Vegas Pro17, but that doesn't solve the problem.

When I bought this Vegas Pro17 program, it worked fine at first.

There, Végas Pro17 takes a lot of the power of my computer as if the software was open in 5 places, and I put a screenshot for you so that you can see how it eats the juice of my system.

Can you help me please?

Here are some screenshots.

Last Edit:14 Apr 2020 19:50 by jeanguybreton

Posted 14 Apr 2020 20:10 #6
If I am understanding everything you have said correctly, all your problems started when you installed the Boris FX plugin.
There is no problem with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 or Vegas Pro 17.
I have had plenty of experience dealing with Boris FX plugins in the past.
Most problems with Boris FX are caused by having multiple versions of the same plugins installed at the same time - you can only have one version installed.
Example = Continuum 2019, Continuum 2020 - you can only have 1x version installed.

The only way to un-do the mess on your computer, is to do a deep clean / re-install of Vegas MS, Vegas Pro and Boris FX.
You will need to follow special instructions to do this, but I won't send those instructions until I get answers to both questions below.

Question 1
I asked you a question, which I haven't got an answer for yet.
Did you try opening this folder ?
C:\Program Files\BorisFX\ContinuumOFX\13\lib

If you open the folder ContinuumOFX, is there a "13" and "lib" folder inside ?
If you have a "lib" folder, that is where sx32w.dll should be.

Question 2
I asked if you have any other Boris FX installed on your computer.
This is very important to know, because it could be the actual cause of your problem.
The only way to determine this accurately is to open the Windows Programs & Features list.
Sort the Publisher column alphabetically.

Please take a screen shot and upload to forum.

Last Edit:14 Apr 2020 20:11 by DoctorZen

Posted 18 Apr 2020 14:54 #7
Hello.

Yes, I went to C: \ Program Files \ BorisFX \ ContinuumOFX \ 13 \ lib, and Boris had sent me a compressed folder with a new sx32w.dll.

But when I wanted to change it, my system prohibited this manipulation by telling me that I had to be the administrator.

Indeed, there was a Boris program for 2019 and another for 20202. The one for 2019 which was incorporated with my purchase of Vegas pro17 works well, but the one I had to download with a key, there was still a dialog box. error message when starting my Vegas Pro17 template.

I finally decided to no longer download this damn 2020 Boris program.

You who are a professional, with vegas Pro17, what format is used to report your work "film" so that it is accessible to put on youtube but with the least loss of image possible?

I'm putting the screenshot as requested, but as you can see, I deleted Boris FX Continuum 2020 Film Style Unit, and kept the 2019 program.

I use Sony AVC / MVC internet 1920x1080-30p, but I'm losing.
Attachments:

Posted 18 Apr 2020 19:59 #8
Now that I know you had 2x versions of Boris Continuum installed (2019 and 2020), I can tell you 100% that this was the cause of your problem.
You can only have one version of Boris Continuum installed at the same time.

In order to help you, I need to know very specific information.
I'm not sure why you did not follow the instructions I posted for finding which programs you have installed ???
I uploaded a screen shot from my computer to show you what to look for, but you sent me something completely different.
I still need to see what I asked for, otherwise I cannot help you any further.
Open the Windows Control Panel.
Type "control panel" in the Windows search box next to Windows Start button.
Select Control Panel.
Set View by (top right corner) to Large Icons.
Select Programs & Features.
Sort the Publisher column alphabetically.

Please take a screen shot and upload to forum.
After I get this information, I can then send you instructions for how to completely remove all Boris FX from your computer.

To edit any Program Files, you must be in Administrator Mode.
Normally in Windows 10, a pop-up window will ask if you want to Provide Administrator Permission.
If you had told me you couldn't edit the file, I could have explained how to do that.

You should be rendering to MAGIX AVC/AAC in Vegas Pro.
This is the No.1 output format in Vegas Pro now.

Posted 18 Apr 2020 22:18 #9
OK, thanks. I can try the Boris program which dates from 2019 to put that of 2020, but they are not the same two effects program.

Does this mean that I will have to choose the one I like the most, or in the Boris 2020 program, I will find the one for 2019?

Last Edit:18 Apr 2020 22:21 by jeanguybreton

Posted 19 Apr 2020 23:12 #10
Hi, I deleted Boris 2019, to put Boris 2020, and it works, I have no problem. But now I have to look at which effects I prefer to keep: Boris FX Continuum 2020 Film Style Unit / or: Boris FX Continuum Lens Flare 3D.

Unless there can be a possibility to keep both?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.891 seconds