VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Video Capture does not detect my Camcorder

Video Capture does not detect my Camcorder was created by kiwihans

Posted 01 Jun 2020 12:41 #1
Hi Guys! Its quite a while since capturing a very old 16 mm film. So, long that I have forgotten the steps to do this! I am using Vegas 16.0 software and my Camcorder is a Panasonic HC-920M.
After recording the old movie, I connected the camera and PC via a USB Type A to USB Mini- B Male. I then went to Video Capture. At this stage nothing happened - no detection of my camera - end of capturing! Just to mention, the old film did end up on the camera SD card, but could not be persuaded to go any further.

What is meant to happen now? I presume you are suppposed to enter the details of the destination HDD and the name of the first file..... but that's not going to happen....

If someone can help with this I will be very grateful!
Last Edit:02 Jun 2020 10:11 by kiwihans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Video Capture does not detect my Camcorder

Posted 02 Jun 2020 10:19 #2
Hi Hans

You can't use the Video Capture function to download video from an SD card.
The Video Capture app is an old function that can only be used to capture video recorded to Digital Tape.

You should be using the Device Explorer app, which is specifically designed for downloading from SD cards.
Go to View/Window/Device Explorer

Read this for instructions on how to use the Device Explorer app:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/general-discussion/2608-evil-file-naming-system-in-gopro#13247

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Jun 2020 11:50 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwihans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.811 seconds