Solved Pan/Crop window opening up *tiny* in Vegas Pro 17

• Thank you received: 2

Pan/Crop window opening up *tiny* in Vegas Pro 17 was created by Russ

Hope all you folks are having fun during the pandemic!

When I open pan/crop on clips on the timeline, the box opens so small that it has to first be enlarged to perform any adjustments.

This wasn't a problem for me in Vegas 16.

Is there a default setting somewhere that I'm missing?
18 Jun 2020 07:23 #1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1425

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Pan/Crop window opening up *tiny* in Vegas Pro 17

Hi Russ

Many different windows in Vegas Pro often need re-sizing.
I have seen the same behaviour in Vegas as well.

Solution
1. To re-size any window very quickly, double-click the top border and it will re-size to show all controls - this is very helpful when you have Video FX windows open and can't see all of the controls.

2. After you double-click the top border of the Video Event FX window, it will probably go SUPER-LARGE .
Double-click a 2nd time and it should re-size to a more useful size.

3. You will probably see that your video is super-small now.
Use the wheel on your mouse to re-size the video image inside the Video Event FX window.
Close window.
Now when you re-open it should hold the size you have set it to.

Regards
Derek
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
18 Jun 2020 12:10 #2
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 30

Replied by pioneer on topic Pan/Crop window opening up *tiny* in Vegas Pro 17

Hi Derek
I too have encountered this problem.
Have tried in the past what you suggested it, works ok al the time I have the program open but on closing then restarting Pro the problem re-emerges.
Its no big deal just a little niggle.
Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
18 Jun 2020 18:06 #3

I personally encounter this problem all the time in all versions of Vegas I have ever used, but have learnt to live with it by using a few double-clicks and quick re-sizing.

If anyone wants more information on this topic, I would recommend posting this issue on the official Vegas forums to get feedback from a wider range of users.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Russ
18 Jun 2020 21:59 #4

Replied by Russ on topic Pan/Crop window opening up *tiny* in Vegas Pro 17

Thanks to all for the comments / suggestions.

I mentioned previously that small windows opening in Vegas 16 wasn't a problem. That's an error on my part. It was Vegas 12 where the problem didn't exist. (It's the version I had before upgrading to 16 last year.)

It would be nice to open a window in a useable space without having to tweak things.

I've been exploring Davinci Resolve. The learning curve is steep for this old dog. :-)
19 Jun 2020 00:04 #5

Replied by Russ on topic Pan/Crop window opening up *tiny* in Vegas Pro 17

Derek:

Thanks for the tip on searching the Vegas forums. It's a known bug with no workaround except to dock the pan/crop next to preview window. How frustrating.

They really should fix that.

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/how-do-i-keep-pan-crop-windows-from-returning-to-default-small-size--119861/
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
19 Jun 2020 00:11 #6

Russ wrote: Derek:
Thanks for the tip on searching the Vegas forums. It's a known bug with no workaround except to dock the pan/crop next to preview window. How frustrating.
They really should fix that.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/how-do-i-keep-pan-crop-windows-from-returning-to-default-small-size--119861/

Thanks for posting that link from Vegas Forums :)
19 Jun 2020 10:56 #7

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.