Solved Highlighting text on a PNG file

• Thank you received: 2
Do you know how to highlight text that is part of an image?

Make it look like a yellow highlighter marker.

I achieved the desired result using paint.net (a free graphics editor program), but I'm wondering if it can be done in Vegas.

When I add a solid yellow color to the image (track above the image) and reduce the opacity, the text on the image behind the highlight gets washed out.
19 Jun 2020 00:18 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1436
I would never use Vegas to do something like this.

If you do a lot of stuff like this, I recommend you buy a program called Snagit by Techsmith.
www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.html

This is what I use to create all the screen shots you see on the MSZ Forum and website.
It is reasonably priced and comes with a huge amount of tools and functions.

The program comes in two parts: The Capture app and The Editor.
You can actually use the editor by itself on images that already exist.

Here is a screen shot showing the highlighter.

Regards
Derek
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
19 Jun 2020 11:09 #2
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2
I'm creating a documentary-style video with several highlighted quotes (the 34 wives of Joseph Smith!), so I will go with Snag-It.

Now I need a way to animate the highlight, i.e. make it appear as even being drawn by hand. :)

Update: AHA! The highlight is easily masked in Vegas and animated, line-by-line, to make it appear as if being drawn out by hand. The yellow highlighter itself is easily generated using the free program at www.getpaint.net/

Sometimes it helps a lot to just throw it out there and think it through. Thanks again, Derek. You da bomb. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
20 Jun 2020 03:35 #3
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1436
Thanks for the report back !
Looks like your on a winner now.
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
20 Jun 2020 08:18 #4

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.