VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Audio is extremely low after rendering video with Vegas Pro 17

• MrGK
  • MrGK's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2
I have just gotten vegas pro 17 and tried rendering a video, everything works like a dream in the program, but when i render my videos the volume is at like a 1/10th of what it is in the program, any ideas?
Last Edit:26 Jun 2020 07:58 by MrGK
The following user(s) said Thank You: guest273

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Audio is extremely low after rendering video with Vegas Pro 17

Posted 26 Jun 2020 00:36 #2
Go to Project Properties tab for Audio.
Is it set to Stereo or 5.1 Surround Sound ?

Which Render As Format and Template did you render with ?
You should be using MAGIX AVC/AAC for most rendering.
I have a tutorial on this here, if you aren't familiar with Magix AVC.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/648-how-to-render-video-vegas-pro-17

Regards
Derek

p.s.
It's after midnight here, so I'm off to bed...
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jun 2020 07:58 by DoctorZen

• MrGK
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by MrGK on topic Audio is extremely low after rendering video with Vegas Pro 17

Posted 26 Jun 2020 00:49 #3
It is set to stereo and i've been trying out different rendering options but nothing seem to work!
Last Edit:26 Jun 2020 07:58 by MrGK

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Audio is extremely low after rendering video with Vegas Pro 17

Posted 26 Jun 2020 07:55 #4
Please use Magix AVC to render your videos !!!
There is no need to be trying exotic options.

The first thing I recommend you try, is a full program reset.
This often fixes weird problems that don't make sense.
Instructions for reset here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

I can assure you, there are no audio bugs in Vegas Pro 17, otherwise I would be hearing lots of people complaining and you are the only person that has reported this since Vegas Pro 17 was released. I can tell you that over the last 8+ years, a few people have experienced this problem in many different versions of Vegas.

The last person I helped with this, reported that resetting Vegas fixed the problem.
If you still have a problem after the reset, it would indicate a unique hardware/driver problem on your computer.

After the reset, open Vegas and go to Options/Preferences/Audio Device
Set Audio Device Type = Windows Classic Wave Driver
Check that all other settings look right for your computer in the Audio preferences window - this is going to be different for everyone, depending on what type of hardware, speakers, microphones you use.

Please let me know what happens, because I do have some other suggestions for you if needed !

*Moderator Edit: I have changed the name of this thread to more accurately describe the actual problem
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jun 2020 07:59 by DoctorZen

• MrGK
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by MrGK on topic Audio is extremely low after rendering video with Vegas Pro 17

Posted 26 Jun 2020 15:27 #5
Well i've done that now and it didn't work, the audio is for some reason still a lot lower
Last Edit:26 Jun 2020 15:29 by MrGK

• MrGK
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 26 Jun 2020 15:42 #6
I have one of my audio volumes set to -23,8db which is the main video, and then i have my recorded voice at normal, and it sounds like the whole clip maybe is at about the main videos volume, can it be something like that?
by MrGK

Posted 26 Jun 2020 16:05 #7
If you would like further help with this, please answer all of these questions.

I need to try and replicate your problem, so to do that, I need to know everything that you are doing.
We will use a process of elimination to find what is actually causing the problem!

1. If you have been using a saved project, forget about that for now and only work with a new test project.

2. Create a new test project and only import one of the videos from the problem project. Edit that video down to just 10 seconds. This is what we will use to find the problem.

3. After you have created the new test project, I would like you to try a render using the settings you have been using and tell me if the audio is still low in the test project ?
When you do your test render, please tell me exactly which template you used to do the render.

4. Upload a copy of the .veg project file for your test project, to the forum here.

5. Where did the video come from you are using ? Example: video camera, game capture, etc...

6. I need to see a full readout of the properties of your video. To do this, use the MediaInfo app and follow the instructions in this tutorial.
You will need to upload the readout data from MediaInfo to the forum here, so I can inspect it.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/miscellaneous-help-tutorials/640-how-to-use-mediainfo-app

7. Go to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration
Do you have a graphics card selected or is it set to Off ?
If you do have a GPU, what model graphics card are you using ?
Which Driver version for your GPU are you using ?

8. Which media player are you using to play back your videos ?

9. How are you listening to Audio on your computer ?
Through speakers or headphones ?
If you are using Headphones, are they gaming headphones with a microphone attached ?
The reason I am asking these questions, is in case you have an audio problem on your computer.

10. Open the Windows Control Panel - type "Control Panel" in the Windows search box in bottom left corner to find and open Control Panel.
In the top right corner, set View By = Large Icons
Select Sound
Please take screen shots of the Playback and Recording tabs.
If you can't see all the options, take more than one screen shot of each tab (scroll down), so that I can see all your options.
Upload screen shots to forum (please edit down so I just see Sound window and not your entire desktop!)

Example:

And for one last time, please answer all my questions, otherwise this will drag on and on and just waste both out times.
Sorry if I seem a bit harsh, but I've been here before and want to help you as quickly as possible.
Last Edit:26 Jun 2020 16:07 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Posted 26 Jun 2020 16:12 #8
While I was writing my reply to you, you have posted new information.

I have one of my audio volumes set to -23,8db which is the main video, and then i have my recorded voice at normal, and it sounds like the whole clip maybe is at about the main videos volume, can it be something like that?

Please do 2x things for me !
Upload a copy of your .veg project file, for the project you have just described.
Also take a screen shot of your entire Vegas desktop, showing your project and upload to the forum as well.

• MrGK
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 26 Jun 2020 16:43 #9
I started a new project and tested it but the 10 sec video also gets lowered volume. The video im using is from a game, nvidias own capturing program. The voice recording program i am using is from windows 10 own voice recorder. My GPU is up to date, NVIDIA GTX 1070. Im using microsofts standard media player. Im listening on it through my headphones and yes normal gaming headphones. I will restart my computer now so i can try that mediainfo app.
by MrGK

• MrGK
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 26 Jun 2020 16:50 #10
Here's the mediainfo
by MrGK
Attachments:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.903 seconds