VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved License for Vegas Pro 18 Suite. How many PCs can it be installed on.

I have Vegas Pro 18 Suite installed on my Acer Predator Orion 9000 desktop and I would also like to install the same on my Acer Predator laptop. They are both stand alone computers connected to the internet but not networked. I will be the only user. Is this allowed? I have tried to install on my laptop and it seems to go through the steps in the installer but does not show in the start menu etc. I currently have version 18 installed.

Thanks for your help.

Murray
Last Edit:21 Oct 2020 09:05 by mcbrown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This is from the main FAQs on the (MAGIX) VEGAS forum:

9. How many computers can I use VEGAS Pro on?

You can use VEGAS Pro (14.0 and later) simultaneously on 2 devices. There are 2 ways to deactivate a device so you can activate a different one:
Visit your MAGIX account > My Products > Show More Details > Deactivate. This option can be used only once a month.
From the VEGAS Pro Help menu choose Deactivate the Software on this PC. This option can be used as often as you wish. An internet connection is required.

I guess you might check your Magix Account to see if there is a doubled activation of VEGAS Pro 18. If so, deactivate one of them and try installing and registering anew.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nonthakorn96

I have tried to install on my laptop and it seems to go through the steps in the installer but does not show in the start menu etc. I currently have version 18 installed.

Login to your Magix account and manually de-activate one activation if you see 2x activations active.
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/
Go to My Products
Find Vegas Pro 18
Select Show more details for both activations
Then press deactivate
Now re-boot your computer and re-register Vegas Pro

To check if Vegas Pro is actually installed, open Documents and paste this address into address field:
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

If it is installed and you want to create a shortcut, go to this address:
C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 18.0\vegas180.exe
Right-click vegas180.exe and select Pin to Start or Send To/Desktop
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:23 Oct 2020 14:05 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.798 seconds