VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

Replied by DoctorZen on topic "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

Posted 09 Jan 2021 01:25 #11
Intel graphics is responsible for a lot of errors with Vegas.
I recommend you never use Intel graphics with Vegas, but instead only use Nvidia.
However, you also have a problem with your Nvida graphics card, because it is very old and will not work properly with the new MAGIX AVC encoder/decoder.

Reset Vegas Pro again.
After the reset, go to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration.
Select your Nvidia GPU
Before you close the Preference window, go to File I/O tab
Select Enable Legacy AVC decoding
Re-boot Vegas
Start new Vegas test project
Add one video
Go direct to Render As
Does this work ?

If it does not work, go back to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration
Set to OFF
Re-boot Vegas
Start new Vegas test project
Add one video
Go direct to Render As
Does this work ?

You really need to upgrade your Graphics Card to a modern architecture.
Both Nvidia and AMD Radeon GPUs work with Vegas Pro.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mediacloud on topic "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

Posted 09 Jan 2021 01:30 #12
Hi,
Even with File I/O set to Enable Legacy AVC decoding, and GPU Acceleration set to OFF, the crash occurs.

Posted 09 Jan 2021 11:39 #13
I am out of ideas.
Post your problem on the official Vegas Forums here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by slejhamer on topic "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

Posted 09 Jan 2021 12:55 #14
DoctorZen - thanks for the effort!  Much appreciated.

I note that mediacloud and I both have intel i7-3770 CPUs - that may or may not be a factor here. 

My nvidia GPU is a more recent model, though, and should not cause any problems.

Anyway, I've jumped through all the recommended hoops (here and elsewhere) without success. Also, unfortunately, the upgrade sale price has expired, so I am giving up and not upgrading to Vegas Pro 18 at this time.  I'm very glad that Magix allows trial periods - unfortunately mine was spent troubleshooting and not actually using the program.  I'll give it another go if I update my PC, but for now I'll live with what I've got.

Thanks again!

@ mediacloud - best of luck resolving this if you pursue it.

Posted 09 Jan 2021 20:13 #15

slejhamer wrote: DoctorZen - thanks for the effort!  Much appreciated.

I note that mediacloud and I both have intel i7-3770 CPUs - that may or may not be a factor here. 

My nvidia GPU is a more recent model, though, and should not cause any problems.

Anyway, I've jumped through all the recommended hoops (here and elsewhere) without success. Also, unfortunately, the upgrade sale price has expired, so I am giving up and not upgrading to Vegas Pro 18 at this time.  I'm very glad that Magix allows trial periods - unfortunately mine was spent troubleshooting and not actually using the program.  I'll give it another go if I update my PC, but for now I'll live with what I've got.

Thanks again!

@ mediacloud - best of luck resolving this if you pursue it.

Thanks @slejhamer for reporting back.
My CPU is actually older than yours, but I do have a 2000 series Nvidia GPU.
Vegas Pro 18 and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 both work and render OK for me.
I have experienced the Render As failure myself, and reparing .NET Framework fixed the problem for me.
However!!! I have also experienced other problems with Vegas Pro in recent years, where the program would not work at all.
The solution that finally worked for me, was to do a clean re-install of Windows 10.

I strongly suspect that a fault with WIndows 10 is causing the problem for both of you.
I think what happens is that small errors may occur when Windows 10 does those yearly BIG updates.
Tiny fragments from the old install mix with the new install, and cause Microsoft (background) programs that Vegas Pro relies, to not work properly.

When you do a complete clean re-install of Windows 10, you start with a clean slate.
You will have to reinstall all your programs, but it is worth it if you want everything working properly.
I think I have done about 4 reinstalls of Windows 10 since it has been released.
Each time I did it, everything worked 100% OK afterwards.

If you are interested in doing a clean install of Windows 10, I have 2 tutorials that go through all the steps.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/548-how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/575-restoring-drivers-apps-windows-10

All the best :)

Posted 16 Jan 2021 02:23 #16
Thanks for the tip.
I did a reset of Windows 10 (it reinstalls Windows 10, keep user files but all applications have to be reinstalled).
I reinstalled Vegas 18 and the crash is still there....

Posted 16 Jan 2021 12:29 #17
Resetting Windows is NOT the same as doing a Clean Install of Windows !!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not what I advised to do.
Resetting still keeps crap from before, which is just cloning the problem over and over again.

I cannot guarantee you this will fix your problem with Vegas, but it has worked for myself and many others in the past.

The only way to do a clean install of Windows is start from scratch.
My tutorials I linked for you, explain everything you need to do and prepare for.

If you are interested in doing a clean install of Windows 10, I have 2 tutorials that go through all the steps.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/548-how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/575-restoring-drivers-apps-windows-10

Posted 18 Jan 2021 07:49 #18
Hi,
I reformatted my disk, reinstalled Windows 10 as a clean system, installed Vegas Pro 18, and I have still the same crash... 

Posted 18 Jan 2021 08:12 #19
Ok, I found a solution.... I disabled the Integrated graphic card (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000) in "Device Manager>Display Adaptors"
as mentionned there :  Vegas Pro 18 Render As window crashes due to Unmanaged Exception (vegascreativesoftware.info)
​​​​​​​
No more crash..... !

Posted 18 Jan 2021 12:26 #20

mediacloud wrote: Ok, I found a solution.... I disabled the Integrated graphic card (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000) in "Device Manager>Display Adaptors"
as mentionned there :  Vegas Pro 18 Render As window crashes due to Unmanaged Exception (vegascreativesoftware.info)
No more crash..... !

Thanks for reporting back with the solution that worked !!!
Last Edit:18 Jan 2021 12:26 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.932 seconds