Solved "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

• Thank you received: 0
I disabled Intel HD 4000 graphics, rebooted, re-installed the VP18 trial and... well, on the first attempt it got to the render window, then crashed during the render.  No error notice, just stalled completely.  Still that's further than I had gotten before.

Rebooted again, restarted the app and ... was able to render successfully!   Ran several more tests with various settings, using the Magix AVC and HEVC formats that I couldn't get to try before. All successful.

Solution confirmed!  

Wooo hoooo!  

Thanks for following up, mediacloud! 

18 Jan 2021 12:50 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1447
I have added this alternate solution that @mediacloud has reported, to my original FAQ on this topic here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/653-vegas-pro-render-as-crash-unmanaged-exception

Thanks once again for reporting back, because now it will help other people in the future !!!
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
18 Jan 2021 12:54 #22

• Thank you received: 1
Hello,
The problem seems solved on my PC with Vegas 18 Update 4. See www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-18-update-4-build-482--127859/
No need to disable the Intel HD 4000 graphics anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
05 Apr 2021 23:05 #23

• Thank you received: 1447

Hello,
The problem seems solved on my PC with Vegas 18 Update 4. See www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-18-update-4-build-482--127859/
No need to disable the Intel HD 4000 graphics anymore.

Thanks for reporting back with updated info MediaCloud
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
06 Apr 2021 15:58 #24

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2021 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.