VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

Replied by slejhamer on topic "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

Posted 18 Jan 2021 12:50 #21
I disabled Intel HD 4000 graphics, rebooted, re-installed the VP18 trial and... well, on the first attempt it got to the render window, then crashed during the render.  No error notice, just stalled completely.  Still that's further than I had gotten before.

Rebooted again, restarted the app and ... was able to render successfully!   Ran several more tests with various settings, using the Magix AVC and HEVC formats that I couldn't get to try before. All successful.

Solution confirmed!  

Wooo hoooo!  

Thanks for following up, mediacloud! 

Last Edit:18 Jan 2021 12:55 by slejhamer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

Posted 18 Jan 2021 12:54 #22
I have added this alternate solution that @mediacloud has reported, to my original FAQ on this topic here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/653-vegas-pro-render-as-crash-unmanaged-exception

Thanks once again for reporting back, because now it will help other people in the future !!!
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:18 Jan 2021 13:20 by DoctorZen

Replied by mediacloud on topic "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

Posted 05 Apr 2021 23:05 #23
Hello,
The problem seems solved on my PC with Vegas 18 Update 4. See www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-18-update-4-build-482--127859/
No need to disable the Intel HD 4000 graphics anymore.
Last Edit:05 Apr 2021 23:06 by mediacloud
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

Posted 06 Apr 2021 15:58 #24

Hello,
The problem seems solved on my PC with Vegas 18 Update 4. See www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-18-update-4-build-482--127859/
No need to disable the Intel HD 4000 graphics anymore.
Thanks for reporting back with updated info MediaCloud
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by JohnGreg on topic "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

Posted 09 Jan 2022 09:31 #25
I, for one, was EXTREMELY thankful that slejhamer went "mucking about" and found a solution for the render crash. 
That's what we must do when the maker doesn't solve the problem.
The story:
Vegas Pro 17 was working well & normally, except it would crash when clicking "Render As".  All the same error messages as slejamer.  (Which are the same error messages you'll find in many other appeals for help on the internet.)  People having this problem all over the place with Vegas Pro 17.  (And Vegas Pro 18?  Possibly even 19?)
--True, I am using Vegas Pro 17 on Windows 7, which is not supported.  So after 10 hours of knocking my head against the problem, I figured maybe it was an inevitable incompatibility with Windows 7.
--The problem is widespread enough that many solutions are offered on the internet, and I'd tried about all of them:  Re-installing Vegas on different drives, repairing or re-installing .NET Framework 4.6.2, changing internal settings related to the GPU or no GPU within Vegas, and many other tricks. The crash even continued to occur in Safe Mode! (I'm on an Intel i7 CPU, 12GB RAM, with reasonably recent Radeon video card--no integrated graphics.)
--I have work and a deadline for which I was hoping to use Vegas 17 (inspite of Windows 7).  So when it appeared there was no hope, I was overjoyed to find that slejhamer's simple solution worked immediately.  To confirm, the little imp that cost me a day of work & much stress was that one file, "mc_mux_mp4.dll". Remove that file, and the "crash-upon-render" ceased. (In this project, I won't be rendering to MP4, so I'm good for now.)  Thank you. You are owed a case of beer or more!

Replied by slejhamer on topic "Render As" Crash - VP18 and MSP17

Posted 10 Jan 2022 01:01 #26
LOL, almost exactly one year to the day!  Glad my 'mucking about' helped you,  JohnGreg .

I did finally get a message from the Vegas Pro support team - a few months later - saying they had fixed the problem in VP18 and it would be in the next update. I'm sure that's the update mediacloud  mentioned. I had received no communication from the support desk before that, but at least they followed up.

Hopefully there won't be any problems if you do upgrade to VP18 or whatever the latest version is.

Now, about that beer...  ;-) 

Last Edit:10 Jan 2022 01:03 by slejhamer

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.774 seconds