VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Long, long loading time when I try to open Plug-In Chain

Hello everyone, recently I have a problem with this - after clicking on the Plug-In Chain to add an effect to my video it takes about 30 seconds to load my window with the effects. I guess it's because I have a lot of effects, but isn't there a way to somehow skip this long loading time, because in a long ediiting session it's quite annoying every time? i''m using Vegas Pro 13, Windows version 10 20H2, 16 GB RAM, Intel Pentium Gold G5600, 3.90GHz, 1050 TI
Last Edit:02 Jul 2021 11:43 by Athroenus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Long, long loading time when I try to open Plug-In Chain

Posted 29 Mar 2021 17:13 #2
Hi Athroenus

My guess is that the slow loading time, might be caused by your low core count CPU.
Your CPU only has 2x Cores - this is too low for a video editing program to work efficiently.
You need a minimum of 4X Cores, but 6 to 8 cores is preferable.

There are also some other things I you should check out.
I would recommend you perform a full program reset, to rule out any problems with settings and the temporary files cache.
Please note that a program reset will default ALL settings back to factory settings - so afterwards you will have to reconfigure a few things.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

After doing a reset, make sure your Nvidia graphics card is selected.
Go to Options/Preferences/Video
Set GPU Acceleration = Nvidia
DON'T select Intel graphics if that is an option!

Make sure you have the latest Nvidia Drivers installed for your graphics card.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.718 seconds