VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved After rendering, the color becomes different in Vegas Pro 17

• Saper
  • Saper's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
imgur.com/FGikEle
This is the original video
record by OBS (Color Space: 709, Color Range: Full)

and this is after rendering
imgur.com/9p69kxj

The preview is not abnormal
so i think the problem lies in "render"
This is my settings
i.imgur.com/e1gma6J.png
i.imgur.com/Ou3kJ6x.png
I don't know where the problem is, can someone help me solve it

btw, english is not my mother language, so my english is bad
Last Edit:01 Jul 2021 10:58 by Saper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic After rendering, the color becomes different in Vegas Pro 17

Posted 01 Jul 2021 11:33 #2
Hi Saper

The problem is because of the settings you used in OBS.
In the OBS Advanced tab, set the Color Space = 709 and Color Range = Partial.
Don't use Full Range in OBS.

Full Range is not necessary when making everyday gaming videos for YouTube.
Partial is better, because this is considered "Broadcast Safe" and is using a safe color range that looks good for everyone.
Full Range is using an expanded color range that only professional film makers would normally use.
When you render a video that was recorded in Full Range, it will get converted back to Broadcast Safe Range, which is why the colour/contrast is shifting.

To use Full Range videos in Vegas Pro, you need to adjust all your settings, which I do not recommend for YouTube videos !

In the Vegas Project Properties, you should be using this Pixel Format (Color Range) - 8-bit Full Range
The type of video you recorded, is using 32-bit Full Range, which I do not recommend you use - only Hollywood Films would use this type of setting.

A few months ago, I made the mistake of using OBS with Full Range and it made all the colors too dark and kept crashing Vegas.
When I switched back to Partial range, all the colors went back to normal.

To fix your current videos, try applying Broadcast Color FX to your entire project.
Set to Extremely Conservative

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:24 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.714 seconds