VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Layers from psd won't transfer

Layers from psd won't transfer was created by ashl3ighhX

Posted 07 Jul 2021 14:12 #1
hi! i'm using adobe photoshop to design overlays, and my goal is to animate them through Vegas 17 - but whenever i transfer the PSD, a couple of my layers don't transfer correctly or at all - (in the selected colour e.g. the ones with gradient), does anyone have a solution for this or any explanation as to why it may be occuring?
Last Edit:07 Jul 2021 14:41 by ashl3ighhX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Layers from psd won't transfer

Posted 07 Jul 2021 14:42 #2
In would recommend you render your .PSD project into a .PNG file before importing into Vegas Pro.
.PNG files should work with no problems at all.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by ashl3ighhX on topic Layers from psd won't transfer

Posted 07 Jul 2021 14:45 #3
will that give me access to all the layers still? as when i tried it earler it didn't...unless i did it wrong lol

edit: just did that and it still doesn't correctly transfer the layers over
Last Edit:07 Jul 2021 14:51 by ashl3ighhX

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Layers from psd won't transfer

Posted 07 Jul 2021 16:24 #4
I don't use Photoshop anymore, so I can't experiment with .psd files.

What I am saying is this.
For any layers that don't import into Vegas Pro, render each of them as a final .png file.
Then import each separate .png one at a time and reconstruct your layers on different Video Tracks in Vegas.
Does that make sense now OR work for you ?

I can't see what you are trying to do, so I'm guessing a lot.
If my method does not work for you, I recommend posting your problem on the official Vegas Forums.
You are more likely to find someone who works with Photoshop and Vegas Pro on that larger forum.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:23 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.792 seconds