Question MAGIX AVC/ACC Rendering

• Thank you received: 20

MAGIX AVC/ACC Rendering was created by BobH

Hi Derek, and hoping you can give me some advice here.

First I have an AMD Ryzen 7 1700x cpu and 32 GB of memory. I have a 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 graphics card. I am using Windows 10 Professional.

I have a 90 minute project I am rendering with the MAGIX AVC/AAC Format. My video is 2160p, 25 fps, MP4. If I render using the Template: Internet UHD 2160p 25 fps, all goes well but it takes quite some time to render. If I use the template: Internet UHD 2160p 25 fps (NVENC), it renders much quicker but part way through it stops with an error message saying there is insufficient memory. Does this mean I have an issue with the graphics card?

I posted before that my Windows 10 is stuck on version 1909 and will not upgrade beyond this. I have seen posts on the internet where people have not been able to upgrade the operating system and have the same graphics card. The posts suggests it could be a driver issue or perhaps the BIOS that needs updating, (my PC is three years old). Are these two issues linked perhaps, and do you have any comments and suggestions please.

Thanks in advance.
BobH
18 Sep 2021 00:22 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1495

Replied by DoctorZen on topic MAGIX AVC/ACC Rendering

I can't predict what is precisely causing your problem.

4K Video does require a lot of computer resources to render.
Some Nvidia Drivers and GPU combinations do have problems.
If you are not a gamer, I highly recommend you install the Nvidia Studio Drivers and not the Game Drivers.
Studio Drivers are optimized for content creation programs and are more stable.
www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

If your CPU is working, then use the CPU.

I went from an Nvidia GTX 580 to RTX 2060.
When I was using the older Nvidia GPU, I could never render 4K video with the graphics card.
After upgrading to the RTX 2060, I could render 4K without crashes.

My new system uses an AMD 5800X CPU as well.

:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
20 Sep 2021 13:56 #2
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by BobH on topic MAGIX AVC/ACC Rendering

Hello Derek, and once again thank you for you early response.

I will try the studio driver as you suggest. At present I can just use the cpu to render.

Early next year I hope to upgrade my system with a more powerful Ryzen cpu, perhaps the AMD 5800x that you have and a better Nvidia graphics card. Any suggestions on a new system would be appreciated.

Thanks once again and I hope you are well.

BobH
22 Sep 2021 23:26 #3

• Thank you received: 1495

Replied by DoctorZen on topic MAGIX AVC/ACC Rendering

Any suggestions on a new system would be appreciated.

Build your own computer.
Honestly, it's very, very easy to do and then you get exactly what you want.
OR
Get a computer custom built. Depending on which country you live in, there are computer suppliers were you can choose exactly what parts you want and they build it for you.
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
23 Sep 2021 15:56 #4

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2021 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.