VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering AVCHD Camcorders

Rendering AVCHD Camcorders was created by Wrench117

Posted 18 Oct 2014 06:32 #1
:P Hello there,

I just bought a new camera from Best Buy. Its resolution 1440x1080 and its running at 60 FPS. I'm making a video to upload to Youtube. My question for you is, whats the best rendering settings for my Sony Camcorder AVCHD. Plus what should my project settings be set on.

I'm very familiar with rendering/video effects for gaming in Sony Vegas but, this is my first time using the software for a camera.

Other thoughts,

What are some good video effects for cameras to make the footage more HD looking. For gaming I know that color correction, a small bit of sharpening were great for my videos I did. So anything like that would be helpful.

Thanks again for the help guys.
Last Edit:18 Oct 2014 08:40 by Wrench117

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering AVCHD Camcorders

Posted 18 Oct 2014 16:07 #2
Hi Wrench

Which exact version of Vegas Pro or Movie Studio Platinum are you using ?
In my "How to render video" tutorials, I show exactly what you should do.
Here is my tutorial for Version 12 of Vegas Pro - I have a new one for Version 13 coming very soon.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/485-how-to-render-1080p-and-720p-video-using-sony-vegas-pro-12

Always use Match Media after importing your video.
So in your case, the Project Properties would say 1440x1080 at 59.94(60) fps.
When it comes time for rendering/exporting for YouTube, you would use different settings.
You would render to 1920x1080 at 59.94(60)fps or 29.97fps.

YouTube will be supporting 60fps video very soon, however it has not been switched on site wide yet - it is still in Beta testing stage for some of the BIG Gaming channels.
So if you uploaded 60fps video today (October 2014), YouTube will re-render it back down to 30fps.
So right now it would make more sense to render video for YouTube to 1920x1080-30p, until YouTube makes the announcement that 60fps has been switched ON for all accounts.

There is another thing you should look at.
Your camera will have many different recording modes.
I think it would be much better if you set the camera to record to FULL HD 1920x1080, instead of 1440x1080.

You should NOT have to be adding Sharpening to Video from your camera.
Shoot in the correct mode and you will have HD video !

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.736 seconds