VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Should I upgrade to Vegas Pro 19

Should I upgrade to Vegas Pro 19 was created by NashvilleSideStreets

Posted 25 Mar 2022 03:33 #1
 I have 16 Suite. Would like to hear opinions on Pro 19. Also, is the broadcast feature included in the current price of $149? Or would I have to pay extra?
If there will be no Pro 20, will we have to pay for updates?
Last Edit:29 Mar 2022 16:54 by NashvilleSideStreets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Should I upgrade to Vegas Pro 19

Posted 25 Mar 2022 15:55 #2
Hi Nashville

I am working on new videos right now for VEGAS Pro 19 - I am a bit swamped with the amount videos I am recording and editing right now, but working as fast as I can.
VEGAS Pro 19 is a significant upgrade compared to VEGAS Pro 16 - definitely worth it !

Also, is the broadcast feature included in the current price of $149? 

Are you referring to VEGAS Stream ?
If this is what you mean, then yes that is included with the $149 upgrade for VEGAS Pro 19.

If there will be no Pro 20, will we have to pay for updates?

I'm not sure what you mean about Vegas Pro 20 ?
We are still in the middle of Vegas Pro 19's life cycle - it was only released 6 months ago.
There is no talk about future versions of Vegas Pro right now.
Any updates released for VEGAS Pro 19 during it's lifetime, will always be free - a large update to VEGAS Pro 19 was only released a few weeks ago.

VEGAS Pro versions
VEGAS Edit 19 upgrade for $89 is latest version of VEGAS Pro 19, just buy itself.
If you just want to get upgrade for latest version of Vegas Pro, get this.

VEGAS Pro 19 upgrade for $149 includes all of the following:
VEGAS Pro 19
VEGAS Stream
SOUND FORGE Audio Studio
Boris FX Primatte Studio

Also during the promotion that is on until end of this month, you also get:
+ NEW! Boris FX Continuum 2021.5 Lens Flare 3D ($199 value)
+ NEW! Boris FX Continuum 2021.5 Stylize Unit ($199 value)
+ NEW! Boris FX Continuum 2021.5 Film Style Unit ($299 value)

VEGAS Pro 365 versions
There are also VEGAS Pro 365 versions now. This is a new subscription model alternative.
Exactly the same as above versions, but also come with access to Story Blocks' large Royalty Free Video and Audio library.
If you need/use lots of royalty free videos and audio files to create content, this is a brilliant option.
VEGAS Pro 365 gives you guaranteed updates for next 12 months.
Example = If Vegas Pro 20 was released in 6 months time, you get immediate access to that.
However, if you stopped subscription after 12 months, Vegas Pro would also stop working.

Press Advertisement to go directly to VEGAS Sales page
OR
Go to the Deals page I have made on my website - I have all the different versions and offers clearly itemized.
www.moviestudiozen.com/deals

NewBlue Total FX offer for only $50
Please also be aware of the NewBlue Total FX offer that ends soon.
Many Vegas Pro users have also been getting this offer, so they can use NewBlue Total FX in Vegas Pro 19.
Total FX includes everything that NewBlueFX makes, including Titler Pro 7.
I explain everything you need to know here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/magix-movie-studio/672-movie-studio-2022-newblue-total-fx-promotion

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2022 16:01 by DoctorZen

Replied by NashvilleSideStreets on topic Should I upgrade to Vegas Pro 19

Posted 29 Mar 2022 08:55 #3
Hi Derek,
Really appreciate your quick reply, 'specially since you're so busy editing! We downloaded the Pro 19 Free Trial. Tho it doesn't look like the Chroma Key feature has changed, we are having trouble getting a clear key--since we are not geeks like you! Can you send us a link to a recent video that you made with 19 to show us the clarity you can get with Chroma Key? We always had trouble with that in Pro 16 too; we use Wirecast Pro 14 to shoot. It has a really easy Chroma Key feature. If we just got the new 19 without Stream, can we still pay the $70 & get the extra NB Total FX?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Should I upgrade to Vegas Pro 19

Posted 29 Mar 2022 15:51 #4
VEGAS Pro 19 versions
If you are only interested in getting the latest version of Vegas Pro, you only need to buy the upgrade for VEGAS Edit 19 ($89).
VEGAS Edit 19 is the full version of VEGAS Pro 19, just by itself.
zen3.me/us-vegas-upgrades

Chroma Key plugins
The Chroma Key plugin in Vegas Pro is very basic - it hasn't been updated for many, many years.
I'm guessing one reason why it hasn't been updated, is because there are superior professional grade 3rd Party Chroma Key plugins that do an excellent job and work in Vegas Pro!

1. Forget about trying to use the inbuilt Vegas Chroma Key FX - it's too basic and will never give you professional results, unless your lighting and video recordings are perfect.

2. Here are three best 3rd Party Chroma Key plugins that work in Vegas Pro.
All of these plugins work extremely well and you should find some good tutorials on YouTube, that show how to use them.
2a. BorisFX Chroma Key Studio and Primatte Studio - there are other specific BorisFX tools as well.
2b. NewBlueFX Chroma Key Pro
2c. Hitfilm Ignite Chroma Key

Personally I have been using Hitfilm Ignite Chroma Key for many years, but plan to learn both BorisFX and NewBlueFX versions.

My recommendation
Buy the upgrade for MAGIX Movie Studio Platinum 2022 for only $49 (deal ends very, very soon).
*Scroll down to find upgrade button!
zen3.me/movie-studio-platinum-upgrade
If you don't qualify for upgrade, but new for $70.
Then you will get NewBlue Total FX that includes all FX and Transitions they make, including Titler Pro 7.
NewBlue Chroma Key Pro is included with Total FX.
You don't have to install MAGIX Movie Studio Platinum 2022 - you're only buying it to get NB Total FX, which works 100% OK in Vegas Pro.

VERY IMPORTANT
If you do buy MAGIX Movie Studio Platinum 2022 to get NewBlue Total FX, make sure to watch this tutorial I made.
I recommend doing a clean install of Total FX, which means uninstalling any older NewBlue products/versions before you install Total FX.
You can skip to 6:12 if you have already bought Total FX.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:29 Mar 2022 15:53 by DoctorZen

Replied by NashvilleSideStreets on topic Should I upgrade to Vegas Pro 19

Posted 29 Mar 2022 16:28 #5
Thank you so much!! I did just buy the $89 upgrade--thru your website of course! I will also get the NB FX. Again thank you so much!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.770 seconds