VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Fade through black transition

Fade through black transition was created by pauldr44

Posted 25 Mar 2022 15:36 #1
I'm editing a video, I sometimes use the fade through black transition between cuts. I intend to put the transition onto a single cut only. However, the program places fad through black transitions on every cut on the video. Where can I control this so it only puts the transition where I want it and not automatically on every cut? Thanks, Paul Richards
Last Edit:25 Mar 2022 16:01 by pauldr44

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Fade through black transition

Posted 25 Mar 2022 18:08 #2
Hi Paul

That's a new one. I've never seen that behaviour before and not sure what would cause it.
It sounds like a weird type of glitch that has got stuck in your program file.

The only settings that control some editing functions on the timeline are located here:
Options/Preferences/Editing
Try pressing the Default button at the bottom.
If that doesn't fix it, do a full program reset.

Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Let me know how you go.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2022 18:09 by DoctorZen

Replied by pauldr44 on topic Fade through black transition

Posted 25 Mar 2022 23:52 #3
Thanks for your quick help. Does the reset to default work the same with version 18? I followed your instructions to do a reset using the 18 icon. However, no window popped up. It just opened the program to the usual landing page. Did it reset automatically? I couldn't tell.  Paul

Replied by vkmast on topic Fade through black transition

Posted 26 Mar 2022 04:29 #4
@pauldr44
Please check that you followed the resetting instructions exactly.
Last Edit:26 Mar 2022 04:29 by vkmast

Replied by pauldr44 on topic Fade through black transition

Posted 26 Mar 2022 04:37 #5
I am using Vegas Pro 18. So I tried the reset with that Desktop screen icon. Perhaps resetting Vegas Pro 18 is different than Movie Studio Platinum. 

Replied by ericlnz on topic Fade through black transition

Posted 26 Mar 2022 09:55 #6
You need to get the box option to clear the cache.  That is important.  Your desktop icon isn't doing what's required.

Go to your program files and locate the "exe" file for your VP18.  Right click and create a shortcut.  Move this to your desktop and try again using the shortcut.
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Fade through black transition

Posted 26 Mar 2022 10:06 #7
The reset instructions are identical for every version of VEGAS.
If the Delete all cached data windows does not open up when you try a reset, it has not worked.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!
If you didn't install VEGAS Pro 18 on your C-Drive and installed it on a different secondary Drive, that is the only thing that could possibly cause the reset function not to work.
Programs should always be installed on your C-Drive, otherwise they may not work correctly.

It will only work if the VEGAS Pro start icon is located on your Windows desktop.
It will not work if you try to launch from Windows Start Menu.

If your VEGAS Pro 18 icon is located on your Windows desktop, try dragging into the middle of the screen, with no other icons around it.
Hold down the CTRL + SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete all Cached Application Data and then press Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

If you don't have a VEGAS Pro 18 start icon on your Windows desktop, you need to create one first.
Instructions for how to do this are in my FAQ article here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings

If for some unknown reason the VEGAS Pro 18 start icon is not working properly, try deleting it from your Windows desktop and creating a new one.
Then do a reset with the new copy.
Instructions for how to create a VEGAS Pro start icon are in my FAQ article:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 12:10 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.816 seconds