VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Going back to Vegas Pro 16

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Going back to Vegas Pro 16 was created by Michel

Posted 17 Apr 2022 04:54 #1
Hi Derek,This is as much I can stand Vegas Pro 19. With the problems I had for the last two weeks and hoping everything I found and corrected with that app. would now give me enjoyment with my favorite passtime.I must acknowledge that Vegas Pro19 got the best of me.I understand that you find it great and very stable and me, well it’s the opposite. I was at this instant trying to get Titles and Text in the Media Generator tab, on my timeline and it froze. I see I can't attached my clip because of the size of the file. Yesterday I could not read the content of the credit roll I made and also, the cursor would not move while the credit roll was moving…just great!I had to make a reset, yep again…I’ve made so many resets with this version of Vegas Pro, it has no sense.So I’m fed up and from now on if I post on this Forum it will be an exception or something I’m not knowledgeable about that app, but not because there are some glitches and something is not working properly because, I'm going back to my very stable and reliable Vegas Pro 16…voilà!   Michel 
Last Edit:17 Apr 2022 15:44 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Going back to Vegas Pro 16

Posted 17 Apr 2022 12:23 #2
The fact that VP16 works well for you and VP19 doesn't suggests that maybe your pc is struggling? Does it meet the minimum specs for VP19?  You can check here www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/specifications/#productMenu
Last Edit:17 Apr 2022 15:44 by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Going back to Vegas Pro 16

Posted 17 Apr 2022 15:44 #3
The only thing I will add is a comment about Windows 10 and Windows 11 and the power of doing a Clean Install of Windows.

A few months ago I started experiencing lots of random problems with Windows 10 - it become a nightmare.
My guess is that a Windows Update got screwed up and/or a Driver on my computer (which I could not identify), was not working properly.

Instead of wasting anymore time, I decided to do a full clean install of Windows.
It took 2 days to get everything back to normal, but was well worth the investment of time!
I was also hesitant to install Windows 11, but decided to take the plunge.
Windows 11 is very different to Windows 10, and takes some getting use to.

For anyone else reading this, a clean install of Windows means doing a backup of all your data, wiping your C-Drive, installing Windows, then installing Drivers and finally re-installing all your programs.

Long story short, I feel like I now have a brand new computer.
All the problems I was experiencing have now gone!
I have many different versions of VEGAS Pro installed and they are all working 100% OK.
The positive of Windows 11, is that it is faster and "snapier" than Windows 10.

Important message for Michel !!!
If I am remembering correctly, you have an AMD Ryzen 1700 CPU.
I don't think this CPU is supported by Windows 11.
If you decided to do a Clean Install of Windows, I would recommend you stick with Windows 10.
Windows 11 has new hardware/security requirements, which means it won't work properly on some older computers.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Apr 2022 15:45 by DoctorZen

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Going back to Vegas Pro 16

Posted 18 Apr 2022 06:42 #4
Hi Eric,

Thanks for that info on VP19. I know that my graphics card is starting to get old This is what I have: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB. Ithink it might be borderline for VP19??

I've been thinking for a while of ubgrading...might do it sooner than I thought finally.

Always nice to read you Eric.

Michel
by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 18 Apr 2022 06:55 #5
Hi Derek,

Our good friend Ericlnz wrote to me on the same subject and gave me the minimum requirements for VG19. I think I just mighr be borderline with my graphics card having a NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB. The same might apply for the CPU which is in fact an AMD Ryzen 5 1600. That machine is about three years old.

I was waiting for a while for an upgrade, might go to my favorite computer shop this week. Oups! Gotta wait for the income tax return.

As for Windows 11, you told me about a month ago to wait at least a year before crossing that road. Probably were you satisfied with the results following the recent installation...seems like it.

I have a new project I'm working on...I would hope that in a short future, I will have as much enjoyment with VG19 as I'm having right now with VG16.

Thanks for your input on that matter Derek as always.

Have a great one.

Michel
by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 18 Apr 2022 07:10 #6
Hy Derek & Eric,

The canadian $$ is about at par with the australian $$. I've been looking at the graphics card  on the market over here and the different prices they sale for. Would you have a few suggestions on a new affordable and reliable card that would be suitable for my needs and my machine?

Thanks

Michel
by Michel

Replied by ericlnz on topic Going back to Vegas Pro 16

Posted 18 Apr 2022 09:52 #7
Sorry Michel, I've zero knowledge on Graphic Cards but Derek is very knowledgeable on the subject so I'm sure will be able to assist you.  If you search the forum you may find other threads where he's given advice.
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Going back to Vegas Pro 16

Posted 18 Apr 2022 14:37 #8
An Nvidia GTX 1060, shouldn't be given you any problems with VEGAS Pro 19, however the 3GB model is a very low amount of Memory for a graphics card.
Content creation programs like Video Editors, work better with more "on-board memory" available inside the video card (GPU).

If I am remembering correctly, there was a controversy when Nvidia released a version of the GTX 1060, with only 3GBs of onboard memory - the same model you have inside your computer.
When the GTX 1060 was originally released, it had 6GBs of memory.
Nvidia was trying to "milk" the market and make maximum profit -  a lot of people were tricked into buying the 3GB model, without realizing what Nvidia had done.

I have an RTX 2060 with 6GBs of onboard memory and it works perfectly in VEGAS Pro 19.
For the last 2 years, Graphics Card prices were insanely overpriced and have only recently come back to Earth !!!
When I bought my RTX 2060, that was the best I could afford.

If I was buying a good but not expensive GPU today, I would get the Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB model.
If I had money to burn, I would get an Nvidia RTX 3070 or 3080.

There were also some problems with the first AMD Ryzen CPUs, like the model you own.
The main problem was compatibility with RAM memory.
All those problems have been fixed now with the latest AMD Ryzen 5000 series CPUs.
I use a Ryzen 5800X (8x core), but if I had the extra money would get 5900X (12x core) or 5950X (16x core).

Getting a computer with an M.2 NVMe SSD drive for C-Drive, is also a good idea - extremely fast!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Intel 12th Generation CPUs are also very good, but they do use more power.

If you are thinking about buying a new computer, don't rush in.
Building your own computer is the BEST option, if you have the confidence.
If you don't want to build a computer yourself, I would recommend buying from one of the companies that do Custom Builds.
You tell the supplier exactly what you want in the computer.
Linus from Linus Tech Tips on YouTube (Canadian YouTuber), does a test of these services every year and checks to see who are the best companies to buy from.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:18 Apr 2022 14:42 by DoctorZen

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 19 Apr 2022 05:24 #9
Hi Derek,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll take the time to view the videos you attched tomorrow. My grand son is 15 today...they live in the country. We're leaving soon.. 

My budget cannot go over 500$ cdn. for a graphics card...I'll see what the market has to offer. I might be tempted by used cards, but I'm a bit worried about the quality Also, I might get screwed by faulty a product...I'll let you know.

Have a nice one Derek.

Michel
by Michel

Replied by Engelj on topic Going back to Vegas Pro 16

Posted 07 May 2022 08:58 #10
Hi Michel and others reading this.  As Derek noted GPU pricing is finally dropping back into the realm of the possible.  Derek's recommended Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB PCIe4 GPU is selling on Amazon for about $450.00 these days (5/6/22).  That's a very good choice for a robust video editing GPU at a still slightly inflated, but doable price.  Let the "gamers" chase the extreme end pf the GPU capabilities.  We don't need that horsepower.  
Last Edit:07 May 2022 08:59 by Engelj
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.872 seconds