VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Import images with fades applied during import

Import images with fades applied during import was created by Brett_H

Posted 08 May 2022 15:28 #1
Using Vegas Pro 19 I would like to import a group of 50 images into a project, each image 20 seconds long and have an  fade in of 3 seconds and an 3 second fade out.  Is this possible?  If not, I am able to to set the 20 second length in import preferences but do know if the fade is possible.  A related question...generally the 50 images are spread over a 90 minute video, in the past I select first+ shift  and last slide and globally apply the 3 seconds in/out fades.  Is there a method to jump from the first slide to the last slide position as the slides in the work space are so small in relation to the 90 minute video I generally mess the slide selection up several times before I get it right.
Last Edit:09 May 2022 16:12 by Brett_H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Import images with fades applied during import

Posted 09 May 2022 16:34 #2
Hi Brett

There is no setting to add auto fade out and fade in of envelopes in Vegas Pro, but if you were wanting to add a timed Transition between each Photo, you could do that in the Preference / Editing Settings.

This is how I would do what you are asking...

Step 1 - Set New still image length (seconds) = 20.000
Go to Options / Preferences / Editing

Step 2 - Open a 2nd instance of Vegas Pro
Go to Explorer tab and locate folder with your 50 images.
Select all and drag to timeline.
Make sure Timeline cursor is positioned in middle of Image #1.
Select 1st image, then old down Shift key and select last (50th) image - everything should be highlighted with yellow border now.
Now use the wheel on your mouse to zoom in, until you can clearly see the beginning, middle and end of Image #1.
Hover over top left corner until Fade to Offset (quarter circle) appears and drag to create 3 second fade - the same fade will automatically be applied to all 50 images.
Now repeat the same process for Fade Out on right side of image.

Step 3 - Go back to your first instance of Vegas Pro, which has your Master project open in it.
You can now copy and paste each series of pre-faded images from the 2nd instance of Vegas Pro into the Master project.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 May 2022 17:05 by DoctorZen

Replied by Brett_H on topic Import images with fades applied during import

Posted 09 May 2022 16:50 #3
Thanks Derek, an elegant solution to adding fades, just wish I had thought of that.
by Brett_H
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Import images with fades applied during import

Posted 09 May 2022 17:07 #4
There are so many cool tricks in Vegas Pro, which I am still discovering all the time.
I also discovered some typos in my reply to you, which are now fixed.
However = hover
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 May 2022 17:08 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.820 seconds