VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question How to measure Angles with Vegas?

How to measure Angles with Vegas? was created by Brett_H

Posted 15 Jun 2022 09:46 #1
I have an overhead video of a pool table and want to measure the angle from the cue (white) ball to the object ball (the ball I am hitting) to the pocket on the pool table in the video.  Is this possible in Vegas Pro 19 or any other video editing software someone might be aware of or used in the past?

Cheers

by Brett_H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to measure Angles with Vegas?

Posted 16 Jun 2022 13:47 #2
That's an interesting question.

I don't know if this will help, but if you open the Event Pan/Crop window and rotate the circle, Vegas will tell you the angle of rotation.
If you created a screen shot of the video with pool table, you could add straight lines to the image using something like Photoshop or Snagit.
I use Snagit by Techsmith to create all the screen shots you see on the forum and website, and then add elements like lines and arrows.

Import the still image with lines into Vegas, then you can rotate and find the angle.
Important note: You can grab hold of the centre of the circle and place it at the point you want to rotate around.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:16 Jun 2022 13:50 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.833 seconds