VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question File is corrupt or file is not found

File is corrupt or file is not found was created by jpa100x

Posted 17 Jun 2022 21:26 #1
Hi, so pretty much I came close to finishing this video and out of nowhere it stopped working. I think its the file itself and not sony vegas because I reinstalled vegas and did other things like found the autosave files for the video too. When I use media file this comes up. 
Last Edit:20 Jun 2022 15:12 by jpa100x
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic File is corrupt or file is not found

Posted 20 Jun 2022 15:21 #2
Hi jpa100x

I have deleted your 3x duplicate posts. You only have to post a message once.
When you are a new member, your first post is held in moderation (hidden), until it is approved.
Now that I know you are not a spammer, all new messages you post will be made public immediately.

MediaInfo will not tell you anything about Vegas .veg or .bak files.
MediaInfo only works for actual video and audio files.

It sounds like your .veg project file has become corrupted for some reason.
There is no way to fix this. You will have to re-do your project.

The best way to protect yourself against this type of error in the future, is to save progressive versions of your Vegas projects, each time you make changes to the project.
1. Regularly use Save As, not just Save, every 5 or 10 minutes.
2. Save progressive file versions like this: my-project-101.veg, my-project-102.veg, my-project-103.veg, etc.....
Then if something goes wrong with your last save, you can re-open a slightly older version of the project and re-do just a small amount of editing.

Tip: Reinstalling Vegas rarely will fix problems.
What is better to try, is a full program reset, which deletes the Temporary Files Cache and resets all program settings to factory defaults.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:20 Jun 2022 15:22 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpa100x

Replied by jpa100x on topic File is corrupt or file is not found

Posted 21 Jun 2022 04:10 #3
Sorry for spamming, I wasn't sure how this forum worked. Thanks for the heads up, I didn't want this to happen again...
by jpa100x
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.726 seconds