VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Single render format activation for Intel HEVC went sour

Single render format activation went sour was created by The Old Wndsrfr

Posted 30 Jul 2022 03:48 #1
Hello everybody, I have a simple problem that I hope has a simple solution: I am a new user of Pro 19 Edit, and a long-time user of Movie Studio, since the Sonic Foundry days.

In using my new Vegas Pro 19, I've been able to successfully un-lock several of the new render formats, on first use, through online activation. But for some reason the 'Intel HEVC' format did not 'take' activation. Several other format activations were successful, and now produce good files. But the test render of the 'Intel HEVC' format, after a seemingly 'successful' activation, produced a (correctly named) file of size '0' (zero). Subsequent attempts also fail, producing a correct filename, but with a file size of 0. Could someone please identify which file does the actual rendering of the Intel HEVC format? I'm guessing my copy of that file has been corrupted, and needs to be deleted/replaced. I just don't know which file to delete. Or how/where to find a replacement.

Thanks. No rush, at all. BTW, I am very satisfied with the new Pro 19.
The Old Wndsrfr

Last Edit:30 Jul 2022 12:59 by The Old Wndsrfr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Single render format activation for Intel HEVC went sour

Posted 30 Jul 2022 13:12 #2
Hi The Old Wndsrfr

I doubt very much there is a corrupt file in Vegas Pro.
Intel HEVC rendering means your Intel CPU with integrated graphics is doing the rendering.
If rendering is failing only with this option, that would probably indicate an Intel Driver problem.
The first thing you should check for is a Driver update from Intel.

What model Intel CPU do you own ?
I can't comment any further until I know what CPU you have.

Rendering with Intel "integrated graphics (part of CPU) can be very fast, but sometimes it is not reliable.
If you want reliable rendering, it is better to render with the CPU only, using Magix AVC
OR
Select a dedicated GPU, if you have an Nvidia or AMD Radeon graphics card in your computer.

P.S.
I am about to do a major upgrade of the Forum and Website this weekend.
During this time, the forum will be placed in "read only" mode, which means you won't be able to post messages on the forum.
If everything works OK, the forum will be back to normal by Sunday 31st July.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by The Old Wndsrfr on topic Single render format activation for Intel HEVC went sour

Posted 11 Aug 2022 05:39 #3
Thanks Dr Zen. I tried the graphics driver update, which was needed anyway, but it made no difference to my problem.

My new PC has an i7-12700 (no 'k') CPU. I do not yet have a dedicated GPU, but the setup works very well. And ALL the other Pro Edit render formats which have the option of using 'QSV' work well, with crazy fast render times, and so far with no discernible artifacts.

With your note of caution, Dr Zen, I will definitely keep a sharp eye out for any abnormalities in my QSV renders. And if anyone knows which file runs the 'Intel HEVC' render format, I'd like to experiment with replacing it, to eliminate that as a cause, if nothing else.

The Old Wndsrfr

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Single render format activation for Intel HEVC went sour

Posted 11 Aug 2022 14:56 #4
If you haven't already done so, I recommend you post a message about your problem on the official Vegas Pro forums.
There is a much BIGGER community there.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/
Press FORUM in top left corner for actual forum when you get there.
I am also on the official forum from time to time - that's where I go when I can't work problems out!
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Old Wndsrfr

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.812 seconds