VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Boris FX Primatte Studio - Activation Failed

Boris FX Primatte Studio - Activation Failed was created by Kittster

Posted 17 Aug 2022 12:39 #1
I am having an issue with getting the Boris FX Primatte Studio, I get an error message - Activation Failed.   Seems like I had this problem before.  I have opened a support ticket with Boris and hope they have a resolution.  

I had this program on my PC when I had Vegas Pro 19.  I had issues trying to get it installed back then, but contacted their support and got a prompt answer.  I don't recall what it was, they may have given me an updated key.  So, before I tried the new installation
  1. I uninstalled the old Boris FX Primatte program
  2. Downloaded the new file based on the email that got sent to me
  3. Ran the Executable and got a screen called Boris FX License Tool.  It had 5 options on it.  I chose the default - Activate Your License Now since I already had the Key from Magix.
  4. Next, I got an error message that the License is for a different host product.  Can not install it here.
  5. I went to the Boris website:
  6. Searched their Knowledge Base: borisfx.com/knowledgebase/vegas-pro-faq/   but did not find a solution.
  7. I then opened a case and got a ticket number and am waiting for a response:  borisfx.com/support/open-a-case/
This really does all sound familiar.  I'm hoping when I am done that I get the opportunity to remove the unlicensed effects and reduce the clutter when looking for this particular effect.

Kittster

Last Edit:17 Aug 2022 12:42 by Kittster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Kittster on topic Boris FX Primatte Studio - Activation Failed

Posted 17 Aug 2022 12:43 #2
PS - Boris has reached out to me and asked me what the actual name of the executable was that Magix had me download.  Waiting to hear a response back from Boris.

Replied by Kittster on topic Boris FX Primatte Studio - Activation Failed

Posted 17 Aug 2022 14:07 #3
Resolved:
Boris reached out to me and gave me a new link to download.  I got the new file, uninstalled the old version, installed the new version and it worked correctly this time. 

I don't know if Magix initiated the original bogus link or if Boris got it wrong.  You get a link from Magix to contact Boris and then Boris sends you an email with a link.  My guess is Boris had it wrong on their end.  I must have been the first Guenea Pig. 

I don't think it would be proper for me to share the link to get the file as I don't think that would be Kosher.  I can tell you though the name of the Good file and the file that failed.

Good File: Continuum_2022.5_OFX_Hosts_15_5_1_Windows.exe

Bad File:    Continuum_2021.5_OFX_Hosts_14_5_3_Windows.exe

Note the year is 2022 in the good file and 2021 in the bad file.  This good file works in both Vegas Pro 19 & 20.

Kittster
Last Edit:17 Aug 2022 14:08 by Kittster

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Boris FX Primatte Studio - Activation Failed

Posted 19 Aug 2022 18:24 #4
It looks like a simple error was made with the download links for Boris FX Primatte Studio.
I've never used those links, because I already own the full Boris FX Continuum Suite - Primatte is part of that.

As a general comment, I will say this. It's probably got nothing to do with your problem, but I'm writing this for other people who may read this in the future.
For many, many years, VEGAS Pro often comes packaged with "Free/Bonus" Boris FX plugins like Continuum Units, as part of upgrade promotions.
Each year, Boris FX releases new versions of their software, however you can't install different versions of Boris FX on the same computer.
If you own the 2019 version and then install the 2022 version, anything associated with the 2019 version will be removed.

EXAMPLE:
If you installed a "free" 2019 Borix FX Continuum Unit like "Key and Blend" and then installed a "free" 2022 Borix FX Continuum Unit "Image Restoration", you won't be able to have BOTH stay on your computer. The older 2019 version will be removed by the 2022 installer. This also means the License Key for the 2019 Unit, will stop working.
This is the problem with getting "free / bonus" effects from Boris FX - you can't keep all of them.
The only way around the problem, is to buy the full version or pay for the subscription version of Boris FX Continuum - personally I use the Subscription version, which is reasonably priced.
borisfx.com/products/continuum/?collection=continuum&product=continuum
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:19 Aug 2022 18:24 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.822 seconds