VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Mouse cursor slow to respond, when moving across 2 monitors

• PMJ
  • PMJ's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Mouse cursor slow to respond, when moving across 2 monitors was created by PMJ

Posted 21 Sep 2022 00:53 #1
I have recently upgraded from Movie Studio Plat 16, where I had no problems, to Vegas Pro 20.0,  I'm ok with editing but are having a problem when using my 2 screens on my pc.
Monitor 1 is my editing screen and Monitor 2 is my script writing/research screen using Word.  With Plat 16 I could move my cursor from Monitor 1 to Monitor 2 instantly but now using Pro 20 it temp. freezes for about 10 seconds before displaying NOT RESPONDING.  After another 10 seconds it responds and allows me to continue.   This problem really slows my progress. 
Any suggestions please.    Peter

Last Edit:21 Sep 2022 17:33 by PMJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Mouse cursor slow to respond, when moving across 2 monitors

Posted 21 Sep 2022 17:43 #2
Hi Peter

I replicated your setup on my own computer:
Monitor #1 = Vegas Pro 20
Monitor #2 = Microsoft Word

I did not experience any delay in the Mouse cursor, when moving from Monitor #1 to Monitor #2.
I have never heard of this problem before.
I do know that the VEGAS Pro interface has more modern code for dealing with High DPI displays, like 4K displays, so that it scales properly with Windows.

I did a Google search and discovered that this problem is usually caused by "Mismatched refresh rates on your monitors ".
Read this article first:
picooffice.com/why-does-my-mouse-lag-on-a-second-monitor/

Also check to see your Graphics Card is using the latest Driver version.

Are you using an Nvidia or AMD Graphics card?
What model GPU is it?

Your Windows Display settings may also need looking at.
Which version of Windows are you using?

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• PMJ
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by PMJ on topic Mouse cursor slow to respond, when moving across 2 monitors

Posted 22 Sep 2022 23:15 #3
Thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated. I've followed your suggestions and carried out the options in the link you sent but unfortunately without any improvement.
You did ask for details of what I'm using:
Windows 10 (64)
Nvidia GeForce GTX750
I don't know if this will be of any help as I'm not very PC savvy when it comes to the inner workings so I can only hope.
Peter
by PMJ

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Mouse cursor slow to respond, when moving across 2 monitors

Posted 23 Sep 2022 20:17 #4
Your Nvidia graphics card is an older model and will not work 100% in Vegas Pro 20.
I would recommend upgrading your graphics card to at least an Nvidia RTX 2060, then you will get better performance in Vegas Pro and other programs on your computer.
The price of New and 2nd hand graphics cards has recently crashed, due to Crypto Currency mining crashing and not being worthwhile anymore - the market is now flooded with NEW and OLD cards.
Your older Graphics card and/or Drivers, could be responsible for the strange behaviour you're experiencing.
As I said in my first reply, I've never seen your problem on my own computer.

Step 1 to try and resolve problem.
Make sure you have the latest Drivers installed for your GTX750.
Right-click your Windows 10 Desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel.
Go to Help / System Information
Here it will report the Driver version installed.
The latest driver version is #516.94
Download from this link:

www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/192967/en-us/
I also recommend doing a clean install of the Nvidia Drivers.
I have instructions shown in this forum thread - scroll down and look at last three screen shots in DARK GREEN - read from here!
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/general-discussion/3213-sony-vegas-crashing-when-clicking-render-as#15980

Re-boot computer afterwards.

Now re-open the Nvidia Control Center
Select Change Resolution
You should see BOTH of your Monitors listed here.
Select Monitor #1
Check that Resolution = whatever the Native resolution is and also take note of the Refresh Rate.

Now select Monitor #2 and check the same settings.
You want to make sure the Refresh Rate is the same for BOTH monitors.

I'll wait to hear back from you, before saying anymore.
Hopefully it's fixed now, but if it is not, there are more Windows 10 settings you can then look at.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• PMJ
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by PMJ on topic Mouse cursor slow to respond, when moving across 2 monitors

Posted 02 Oct 2022 03:09 #5
Thanks for all your help that I have followed with no success. I realise that the problem, as you said, lies with my graphics card so without updating it I will have to live with it for the time being. Due to the cost of replacing the card for a better version in an 'old' pc I have decided to replace the machine in the next few months. Once again thanks for your help
Peter
by PMJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.733 seconds