VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Upgrading Vegas Pro from 19 to 20???

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Upgrading Vegas Pro from 19 to 20??? was created by Michel

Posted 12 Mar 2023 23:48 #1
Hi,

This message is addressed to all Zen Forum readers. I usually follow Derek in it's purchase of a new version of Vegas Pro. You probably remember Derek our discussion after VP19 just came out, of the need you and a few others identified when I mentioned having problems with my recent purchase of Vegas Pro. You had strongly suggested I upgrade my graphics card to at least a 4g. card. Didn't have the $$$ at that time and decided to wait and use my faithful VP16 version. So I finally just purchased an 8g. card from AMD and I can now use Vegas pro 19 with a lot of ease...finally!

A long intro to ask everyone out there if I should keep my actual version of Vegas Pro 19 or would it be worth it to invest $119 U.S. to get the VP 20 version...thanks in advance for your input on that subject. 

Michel Plante
Last Edit:14 Mar 2023 12:08 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Upgrading Vegas Pro from 19 to 20???

Posted 13 Mar 2023 07:58 #2
Probably yes but you can always download the 30 day trial and find out for yourself.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Upgrading Vegas Pro from 19 to 20???

Posted 13 Mar 2023 13:33 #3
I second Eric's comment.
Download the free trial and test it out first.

Vegas Pro 19 is already a feature packed version of Vegas Pro, so unless there is something specific in version 20 you need, VP19 is still a good version. However, I also know that the developers of Vegas Pro and the Beta testing team, have been working very hard at "ironing out" all the bugs in Vegas, to make Vegas Pro as stable as possible. The majority of Vegas Pro 20 users have been reporting that VP20 is the most stable version of the program released in a very long time. Personally I have also noticed that VP20 is extremely stable.

However (2nd) - stability is also affected by the Hardware and Drivers installed on your computer, and the type of Video formats you edit with.

Download the free trial and test it out.

Regards
Derek

p.s. You both know me well, Michel and Eric.
I am finally going into hospital at the end of this week (17th March), to get my shunt replaced for hydrocephalus. Actual operation will be on 20th March. I will probably be away (offline) for 7 to 10 days at the most and will post a Notification at the top of the forum, for any new members that join while I am away.

I'm looking forward to feeling better after I recover, so that I can return to make regular content again.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:13 Mar 2023 13:36 by DoctorZen

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Upgrading Vegas Pro from 19 to 20???

Posted 13 Mar 2023 23:14 #4
Hi Eric,

Good idea I will surely DL the VP20 trial version and use it on a new project I'm working on...thanks for the info.

Michel
by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Upgrading Vegas Pro from 19 to 20???

Posted 13 Mar 2023 23:20 #5
Hi Derek,

Thanks for the pertinent info and I will DL the VP 20 trial version right now. Also, I must add that I started looking at you Vegas Studio Platinum 17 tutorial and find it full of great info I took for granted even though I'm working with the Pro version of Vegas.

I'm viewing it on my tablet while working on a project on my PC but going step by step with your tutorial so I don't miss anything...thanks for that Derek.

Have a great one

Michel
by Michel
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.734 seconds