VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Automatic Font Choice

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Automatic Font Choice was created by Michel

Posted 27 Mar 2023 01:29 #1
Hi,

I once saw someone open a legacy text box in Vegas and go through his many, many customized fonts using the scroll option and while doing that the Text in the Box would automatically change at the same time.  I find it tedious going through my many fonts and randomly see if a font more than an other would fit with the type of media I'm working with.

I've been searching and searching Youtube and the Internet specifically for that type of info. to no avail. Thanks in advance to anyone who could tell me how this procedure works.

Michel 
by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Robbie on topic Automatic Font Choice

Posted 31 Mar 2023 00:43 #2
Hi MichelI’m probably way too tired to try and do this and no doubt Dr will explain morfe clearly when he rejoins us but ...
  • I’m using VP18
  • I’m assuming you have text on a separate video track using text and Titles under Media Generator
  • On the video track select the Generated Media  icon to open the Video Media Generators dialog box
  •  Highlight the text you want to select the font for
  • Open the Font pick list and select a font
  • Then use the up and down arrows on your keyboard to scroll through the available fonts and the tgext in the preview window should change as yolu up and down arrow through the list of fonts
Hope that works for you with your version of VP
Cheers, Robbie
PS for some reason I can't get the third and fourth images to display

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Last Edit:31 Mar 2023 00:58 by Robbie

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Automatic Font Choice

Posted 31 Mar 2023 22:37 #3
Hi Robbie,

Thanks for your answer Rob. I'm working with VP 19. I was really happy to get an answer, you're the only one who provided a response to my question. So I read an I read it and re-read it hoping to get the result you are getting but for some weird reason it didn't work.

To be sure I'm doing the same thing as you, I open MG and double left click to choose a text box that will automatically be placed on the timeline of my choice. Now I place my cursor on the timeline where my text so I can see the content and at the same time I see ALL the details in a window related to the text I chose (text color, location, advanced, etc) and by default appears at a size of 48.

At this point I shadow the text in the box so to reduce the size and choose a font, the text is maintained shadowed while I go in the Font scrolling box just on top of that box, open it and see ALL the fonts offered, I then use my left mouse button and pressing from top to bottom I pass on every font available, I presume that I should then see the font from the text box on timeline change and at the same time the font in the Text Window change. Nothing is happening, am I missing something?

I want to be as precise as I can for the explanations, hope I'm not providing to much info that might mix you up instead of helping you?  Screen capture might help

Michel  
by Michel
Attachments:

Posted 01 Apr 2023 00:22 #4
Hi Again Michel
I just ried following the steps you described and  I was able to get the desired result with changes in the preview as I either clicked through different fonts in the font list as you described or by using the keyboard up and down arrows as I described.  As I mentioned  I'm using VP 18  and don't currently have VP19 or 20 to trial.  Its late here but I'lll happily have more of a play tomorrow when the eyes are less weary and the mind is a little sharper.  In the meantime here are the third and fourth images that I couldn't manage to post yesterday..  And hopefully Derek will be back with us soon and can add another perspective.
Cheers, Robbie

by Robbie

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Automatic Font Choice

Posted 01 Apr 2023 15:42 #5
Hi Michel and Robbie

This is my first day back on the forum, since coming home from hospital.
I'm taking things very slowly and am still in slow movement "grandpa" mode, due to wounds healing.
Operation was successful. I'll upload a video on YouTube about what happened, in the next few days.

Here are the steps I use, to preview different Font types quickly in the Vegas Preview window.

1. Highlight text inside of text box

2. Select random font from drop-down box, using a Left mouse click

3. Press Up/Down keys on keyboard to scroll through different fonts.
Timeline, Text Box and Preview window, will all update at the same time!

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 01 Apr 2023 16:02 #6
Welcome back Derek
The procedure you describe is pretty much how it works for me in VP18.

Glad to here the procedure was successful and here's hoping it translates to an enduring quality of life boost!
Cheers, Robbie

by Robbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Automatic Font Choice

Posted 01 Apr 2023 16:20 #7

Welcome back Derek
The procedure you describe is pretty much how it works for me in VP18.

Glad to here the procedure was successful and here's hoping it translates to an enduring quality of life boost!
Cheers, Robbie

Thanks Robbie 
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:01 Apr 2023 16:20 by DoctorZen

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 01 Apr 2023 22:18 #8
Hi Derek,

I particularly like the Operation was succesfull. Great news and really happy for you Derek and the improvement of your quality of life going down the road.

Well I did everything what Robbie and you demonstrated with your captions and nothing works. I went in the Mouse settings and nothing comes to mind on what I could do to improve it?

Thanks the both of you for your help.

Michel

by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 01 Apr 2023 23:34 #9
Hi Derek and Robbie,

Got it. I was re-reading your answer and found the magic words which I passed by on the first reading of your response Derek. NEVER take something for granted. I was using my mouse pointer on the drop down font box when in fact you write...3. Press Up/Down keys on keyboard to scroll through different fonts. Timeline, Text Box and Preview window, will all update at the same time!

This is just great, the time I'm going to save looking for the right font...thanks again guys.

Michel. 

Last Edit:02 Apr 2023 18:36 by Michel

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.652 seconds