VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved possible sony vegas to DAW integration?

• jonjon
  • jonjon's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 3

possible sony vegas to DAW integration? was created by jonjon

Posted 04 Feb 2015 11:01 #1
So I was playing around with Vegas the other day(version 8) trying out the "Send to Audio Editor" function (Sent it to Reaper)and was surprised that the video file opened up in reaper as well :woohoo: .I tried editing the video( cut,splice, and such) and then tried to send it to reaper again, but it would only open one piece of video. Is there a possible work around to this to send a fully edited video to a DAW without rending it? Thanks
by jonjon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic possible sony vegas to DAW integration?

Posted 04 Feb 2015 14:37 #2
The problem with opening a video in your audio editor, is that it has to re-render your video before going back into Vegas.
You don't want to end up re-rendering all your video clips over and over again before you do the actual final render with Vegas.

Instead of sending video with audio to your audio editor, it is better to Open a Copy in your Audio Editor.
Select this option instead - Open Copy in Audio Editor.
Vegas Pro will create a WAV file copy and send this to Reaper. You can only send one audio file at a time using this method.
After you have finished working on your audio track in Reaper, simply press Save in Reaper and the new WAV file will be sent directly back into the Vegas Pro timeline.

If you have multiple video tracks with audio that you want to edit in Reaper, I suggest you render your entire project to a WAV file with Vegas and then manually open up in Reaper. Work on file and Save As to new file. Then import back into Vegas and mute existing audio tracks.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• jonjon
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by jonjon on topic possible sony vegas to DAW integration?

Posted 08 Feb 2015 15:22 #3
Thanks! for scoring your videos in another daw, what format would u recommend i render to? what format seems to render the quickest?
by jonjon

Posted 08 Feb 2015 18:26 #4
The best format to output audio is a .wav file.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• jonjon
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by jonjon on topic possible sony vegas to DAW integration?

Posted 14 Jul 2016 07:51 #5
I know the thread is kinda old, but I was playing around with Vegas and Reaper the other day and found that if I save a movie project in Vegas as a .txt file, Reaper will open it and the audio will be like i had it in Vegas, The video would be combined, sorta like nesting. Vegas will also open the audio project from Reaper:-)
by jonjon
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, mmcswnavy24, Eagle Six

Posted 14 Jul 2016 10:44 #6
Interesting :!: :idea:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.920 seconds