VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved storyboard mode

• bartli
  • bartli's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

storyboard mode was created by bartli

Posted 12 Feb 2015 00:23 #1
Does someone know, if there is a storyboard mode in vegas 13 or a plugin??

If not in Vegas, where can I find a program to view my clips ad move them within the board, in order to create a story?

Greetings from Switerland

Peter
Last Edit:28 Mar 2015 01:17 by bartli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic storyboard mode

Posted 12 Feb 2015 01:27 #2
Hi Peter

Vegas Pro does not have storyboard mode, neither does Movie Studio Platinum.

The way most people organise their clips in Vegas is to use the Explorer tab or Project Media tab, with the Trimmer window.
Go to View - Window - Trimmer, to turn trimmer on.
Hold CTRL key down and drag if you wish to dock the Trimmer into the desktop.
Now you can right-click your thumbnails and select Open in Trimmer to preview/edit and work out what you want to add to the timeline.
You can also create Media Bins in the Project Media tab, to help organise all your media.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by altarvic on topic storyboard mode

Posted 12 Feb 2015 01:32 #3
No, Vegas Pro does not have storyboard mode (what professional video editor has it?).
But you can sort clips directly on the timeline using Shuffle command.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• bartli
  • bartli's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by bartli on topic storyboard mode

Posted 25 Mar 2015 21:59 #4
Hi Derek
Thank you for the answer
After searching the Internet I have found a solution to my problem
"daminion.net/" :cheer: is a very good database for Videomaker
Peter
by bartli

Replied by TreeTops on topic storyboard mode

Posted 26 Mar 2015 03:03 #5
daminion does not do storyboard. What is Videomaker?

Replied by Hockey Dad on topic storyboard mode

Posted 26 Mar 2015 06:47 #6

DoctorZen wrote: Vegas Pro does not have storyboard mode, neither does Movie Studio Platinum.

Interesting.
I think StoryBoard is good for newbies like me.
It's one of the things I like in Windows Movie Maker.
:)

I am trying to teach myself and my 9 year old MSP.
I'll try the tips in this thread.

Replied by ericlnz on topic storyboard mode

Posted 02 Feb 2017 20:57 #7
I also wish we could move thumbs around in the Media Pane to get the story in rough order before dragging them in bulk to the timeline. With the pane floating you can see many thumbs on many rows but on the timeline not so as you are limited.
by ericlnz

Replied by Eagle Six on topic storyboard mode

Posted 03 Feb 2017 03:10 #8
I like to start my storyboard well before the shooting starts. It is organized as a project plan with various steps sometimes including a rough drawing, sometime just a short description, but each scene is given a name with space to record the takes, etc. This project development continues throughout the planning and even up to and including the sequence as the shoot progresses. By the time I get to the NLE, the storyboard is linked to the takes and retakes and of course can include last minute changes during the editing process.

When the clips are added to the timeline, they are referenced by unique file names in number sequence, or by the original Roll-Scene-Take numeric file name, depending on the camera used. For the few exception I need to view the clip to determine the placement, I will usually use the Trimmer. When this happens, it often involves previewing a lot, most or even all of the clip, so a thumbnail of the clip is most often not helpful. I often do this with takes to determine the best to use.

This is just the way I do it, we all may have a different workflow preference.
Best Regards......George

Replied by DoctorZen on topic storyboard mode

Posted 03 Feb 2017 09:16 #9
I do something very similar to Eagle Six - I organise and rename videos before I start using Vegas.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by ericlnz on topic storyboard mode

Posted 03 Feb 2017 19:17 #10
Problem is many of my videos are unplanned before I shoot. I go somewhere and shoot lots then create a theme or story out of what I have. Sometimes I will have an idea before I start whilst on other occasions it grows on me on the timeline. Downloading my Canon shots with Canon software they always arrive on my PC with a unique filename (useful when you have two cards and internal HD and the cards/HD use the same numbering system). I never rename the files as the name is the date and time which I find useful.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.969 seconds