VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Question Regarding Trial Version

• Ilona
  • Ilona's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

Question Regarding Trial Version was created by Ilona

Posted 22 Feb 2015 12:20 #1
Hi Derek
I downloaded the Trial Version of Vegas Pro 13.0
I am trying to render my project as a .wmv file but do not seem to be able to do this.
I get a .mxf file or a .wmv.mxf file.

What does mxf stand for?
What opens mxf files?
Is the fact that I am using a trial version preventing me from creating a .wmv file?

Thank you in advance
Ilona
by Ilona

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Question Regarding Trial Version

Posted 22 Feb 2015 12:43 #2
Hi Ilona

#1. Make sure to turn OFF all Filters in Render As window.
#2. When you open the Render As window, it will already be set to the last output selection that was used. The first time you boot up Vegas, it normally goes to the .mxf profiles. This automatically adds .mxf to the name of your video. Go to the Name field at top of Render As window and remove .mxf from file name. Then find your .wmv profile and it will work properly.
#3. For your existing videos that are not working properly, all you have to do is edit the name of file and remove .mxf from end.
So name-of-file.wmv.mxf becomes name-of-file.wmv
It will now play properly.

I use to render most of my videos to .wmv, however for YouTube it is much better if you use Mainconcept AVC/AAC - Internet 1080p.
This profile is better optimized for YouTube.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Ilona
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by Ilona on topic Question Regarding Trial Version

Posted 22 Feb 2015 14:22 #3
Thank you Derek

I'm not sure how to turn OFF all Filters except to not select any.

When I select a .wmv format, the Render button is made unavailable to me. See attachment.
by Ilona
Attachments:

• Ilona
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by Ilona on topic Question Regarding Trial Version

Posted 22 Feb 2015 15:00 #4
I did the step where I renamed a .wmv.mfx to just .wmv and that did run for me in Windows Media Player.

I also played around more with the Render As window and discovered I was not waiting long enough for the software to "do its thing" before making the Render button available.

This is a great website and you are providing an excellent and very professional service. Your explanations are concise and easy to understand (when one knows the lingo. I know I have heaps to learn and I am so grateful to the huge amount of effort you have put into this.
Thank you very much.
by Ilona
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Question Regarding Trial Version

Posted 22 Feb 2015 15:00 #5
In your screen shot you have only pressed on top of the WMV folder.
You need to select an actual template (something with a star next to it) out of all the options inside of Windows Media Video, before you can Customize a template. The same applies for all the different Format Options available in Render As.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.748 seconds