VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Minimizing reflections

Minimizing reflections was created by Ronreimer

Posted 01 Aug 2015 02:41 #1
Recently I acquired Vegas Pro 13 after using MSPlatinum for 2+ years. During October last year I travelled to Guam, Saipan, and a large portion of Eastern Australia from Cairns to Melbourne via Adelaide.
While on Guam I set up one of my Video Cameras as a dash camera and proceeded to take many clips. Unfortunately and ended up with some reflection glare from the windshield onto my clips. Mostly it consists of two thin lines of reflection running at about a 45 degree angle on both sides of each frame. Is there some procedure I can use to minimize this silvery glare or reflection from my clips? I am currently in the process of making a movie of my trip and experiences.

Thank you kindly.

Incidentally I frequently look at your web site and review your tutorials. Your ability to articulate clearly your tutorials is excellent and in my opinion far exceeds any others I have looked at.
RLR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Minimizing reflections

Posted 01 Aug 2015 10:52 #2
Hi Ronreimer

I answered all regular messages before getting to the Forum, so did not see that you had posted your question twice.

Here is a Copy and Paste from my first reply to you.
I don't know of any way to remove something like this - you are stuck with it.
I actually see a lot of this type of thing in many TV shows, now that GoPro cameras are used in just about every single reality/documentary TV Show.

The only thing you can do is reduce the Brightness using Colour Correction techniques.
I have an in-depth Colour Correction tutorial which teaches all the core basics.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/526-colour-correction-tools-sony-vegas-pro

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.765 seconds