VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Slog-2

• JN-
  • JN-'s Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 3

Slog-2 was created by JN-

Posted 21 Oct 2015 20:12 #1
I wonder if anyone has a workflow within Vegas pro 13 for using slog2? Chapter 22 in the Sony Vegas Pro 13 manual gives some pointers towards this. Trouble is the number of cameras in the list is very limited, no Sony a7r II, whose base slog2 iso is 800, the other cameras have a higher base iso for slog2 video, so cannot really use, I think. Should I use the generic item "Log"? page 430.

Also, can Panasonic GH4 vlog be used at all in svp13?
by JN-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Slog-2

Posted 21 Oct 2015 23:39 #2
Hi Jn-

There is a young guy who posted an amazing article on the Sony Creative Software Vegas Pro Forum, all about ACES Video Colour Correction.
It's quite complicated to explain, so instead of trying to paraphrase here and make a mess of it, I highly recommend you read this forum thread and more importantly read/watch JBlazer's articles and videos. I'm still trying to digest the fantastic information this student has provided.

Forum thread:
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?forumid=4&messageid=924308

Article and YouTube Videos:
www.jbalazer.com/aces-in-sony-vegas

I have a huge amount of work on at the moment, so my time is limited for starting anything new at the moment.
I own a Sony A7s and would like to learn the S-log workflow myself. So far I have watched many different tutorials, but most of them have been made with Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve. Personally I would like to find the best and easiest workflow and then try to integrate this with Vegas Pro. So far in my learning journey, I have discovered that the free version of Davinci Resolve 12 may be the best solution for Colour Correction and Grading of S-Log and V-Log. The person who has lead me to this conclusion, is Dave Dugdale. He owns Sony cameras and also owns a GH4.

This is his main channel:
www.youtube.com/user/drumat5280

This is his 2nd channel:
www.youtube.com/user/3DListings

Learning Video website:
www.learningvideo.com/

Before Dave Dugdale started talking about using Davinci Resolve, I also found a tutorial from a Russian YouTube channel that is interesting to watch.
It doesn't matter that he is speaking Russian, because you can easily see what he is doing. I recommend watching this video.

Once I get through my massive to do list, I definitely want to get back to this topic.
I hope this helps.
Enjoy your journey down the rabbit hole :woohoo:

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Oct 2015 23:42 by DoctorZen

• JN-
  • JN-'s Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by JN- on topic Slog-2

Posted 22 Oct 2015 00:02 #3
Thanks Derek. It would still be best I think if it can be done within svp. So far I found the "default" and "ACES" with a BIG curves adjustment gives a viewable result, but I sure need a tutorial on this. I'll check out the above links, I didn't come across them previously while searching for this.
by JN-

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.774 seconds