VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Wavy or ripply video

Wavy or ripply video was created by Bruce Man

Posted 18 Mar 2016 06:20 #1
I finished rendering a video last night. When I played it there appears to be wavy or ripply sections in some of the video. I know I missed up some how the how. So can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Wavy or ripply video

Posted 18 Mar 2016 08:32 #2
Hi Bruce,

Could you explain more what it is you don't like about parts of your video? Perhaps upload a sample to YouTube and post a link here, or even a screenshot?

What are you viewing the video in? Probably on your PC with VLC or Windows Media Viewer? Do the flaws have a combing effect or jello effect? Are you shooting interlace video in your camera?

Some more info on the problem will help us determine a possible fix.
Best Regards......George

Replied by Bruce Man on topic Wavy or ripply video

Posted 18 Mar 2016 11:07 #3
Hi

Thing is it plays perfect on my computer and hard-drive but on dvd it is like a jello effect in spots. I have used the same settings as before, but i could have missed up on the setting by accident. It never happened before. I am new at this but find it interesting and fun.
Attachments:

Replied by Peter on topic Wavy or ripply video

Posted 18 Mar 2016 12:11 #4
Hi Bruce Man,

Am I correct in thinking that there is a light source arriving from the right of the lady (as we look at the image)?
If so, and that light source has a flicker frequency - then the affected area may be being subjected to illumination on / illumination off - resulting in the formation of intermittent shadows. This mixed with some arm movement and image compression maybe the source of the bizarre results.

I rest my case and stand to be corrected as ever!

Regards,

Peter
by Peter

Posted 19 Mar 2016 04:07 #5
Sorry Peter
This happens through out the video at random times. Indoors and outdoors. I must have a setting wrong somewhere and hope to figure this out soon.
Thanks anyway

Bruce

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Wavy or ripply video

Posted 19 Mar 2016 04:58 #6
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the screenshot. I think we need additional information to perhaps help you determine what may be different from this problem and not having it in the past. Can you post screen shots of clip properties, project properties, and render template.

We are in the Vegas Pro forum, so I will assume you are using a version of Vegas Pro and not Movie Studio, please correct me if my assumption is incorrect.

Are you using a version of DVD Architect? What are the settings you use in DVDA? If you are using DVDA, does it re-render your video before burning to disc?

If the problem is a setting, I would think it most likely in Vegas, not DVDA......but it is good to cover all bases while searching the problem down.
Best Regards......George

Posted 19 Mar 2016 05:39 #7
I will get back to you as soon as I can. Something unexpected came up, could be a couple of days or so.

Bruce
Last Edit:22 Mar 2016 14:00 by Bruce Man

Posted 24 Mar 2016 01:49 #8
Thanks for your help guys. I did solve the problem with the wavy or ripply video. How did i do this? I watched #11 Sony Vegas Zen Tips: How To Troubleshoot Problems with Vegas And Movie Studio. VERY helpful. Of course thank you to Derek for your video tips.

Bruce Man
Last Edit:26 Mar 2016 11:22 by Bruce Man

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds