VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Removing Background Noise?

Removing Background Noise? was created by brandonut99

Posted 21 Mar 2016 13:10 #1
I know there's tips to remove background noise, but my TV is kinda loud and I have to record with it on because my grandpa watches it. It's not louder than my voice though, not even close, but loud enough that most tips I've tried only barely work. I remember doing something though, I can't remember what, but it worked pretty well. I set it so anything below a certain dB, it was silenced. Anybody know how I can do that? I'm using Vegas Pro 12. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Removing Background Noise?

Posted 21 Mar 2016 17:28 #2
Hi brandonut99

I would start with the default Noise Gate that is applied to all Audio Tracks by default.
Keep lowering the Threshold left slider until you can't hear sounds below a certain dB.
Press the ? to learn more about the other controls.

ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Mar 2016 17:28 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Replied by Richard Jones on topic Removing Background Noise?

Posted 21 Mar 2016 22:54 #3
You might also try the free Plug In from Audacity --- there's a useful demo of how to use this on Bill Myer's site at www.youtube.com/user/guerillabill/videos

Richard

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Removing Background Noise?

Posted 21 Mar 2016 23:33 #4
If you want to see how it works I recently posted a video on YouTube demonstrating what it can do. Great program .... and it's FREE ! :-)

DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.836 seconds