VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Ease of use vs Windows Live Movie Maker

Replied by vkmast on topic Ease of use vs Windows Live Movie Maker

Posted 21 Oct 2016 05:13 #21

huskereurocat wrote: ---Does this apply to the overlapping of clips or just the fading properties of the clips as it would seem in your post?

or

Something to note.
As of MS Platinum 12, ("Usability improvements for adding media to a project:") Double-clicking media in the Explorer window now adds the media to end of your project on the selected track.
Last Edit:21 Oct 2016 05:22 by vkmast
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Overlapping Multiple Video Clips

Posted 21 Oct 2016 12:18 #22
Thanks for moving Derek. I didn't know if it was better to start a new thread after I noticed that this one was labeled Solved. I didn't know if it would get looked at.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Overlapping Multiple Video Clips

Posted 21 Oct 2016 14:09 #23
Just because a thread is marked solved, does not mean you cannot ask further related questions.
If I didn't want any further posts being made, I have the power to lock a thread.
There are only a few threads on the entire forum that are locked. :)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Dec 2016 16:07 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Posted 22 Jan 2017 08:17 #24
Finally got frustrated enough with this that I needed to act. I ordered the plugin that vkmast writes about but it doesn't work with MSP13. I am still looking for a way to simultaneously add the same cross effect to my clips, but have not found a way to accomplish this. I have been adding them in one at a time at the end of my project by moving each event with my mouse. Example attached. That not only is time consuming, which I can handle if I need to, but my hand starts cramping up after the first 100 clips or so. I know about moving from one event to the next or previous via the 7 or 9 key on the numpad, but have not found a way that I can add in a cross effect transition using a keyboard function instead of the mouse. If I use the 4 and 6 keys on the numpad that just resizes the event, it doesn't move the whole event on the timeline which I would think would create a cross effect transition.
Any thoughts on this!

[img
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:22 Jan 2017 15:00 by huskereurocat
Attachments:

Replied by vkmast on topic Overlapping Multiple Video Clips

Posted 22 Jan 2017 09:46 #25

huskereurocat wrote: I ordered the plugin that vkmast writes about but it doesn't work with MSP13.

Which build of MSP 13 do you have? There were some builds where VASST FasstApps did not work. Sony build 931/932 and MAGIX first rebrand build 960 were those AFAIK. The latest builds from Sony and MAGIX should be OK. If you mean EventTools, it works in my Sony MSP 13 build 955. You should find VASST FasstApps in View menu > Extensions.
Last Edit:22 Jan 2017 09:49 by vkmast

Posted 22 Jan 2017 10:29 #26

vkmast wrote:

huskereurocat wrote: I ordered the plugin that vkmast writes about but it doesn't work with MSP13.

Which build of MSP 13 do you have? There were some builds where VASST FasstApps did not work. Sony build 931/932 and MAGIX first rebrand build 960 were those AFAIK. The latest builds from Sony and MAGIX should be OK. If you mean EventTools, it works in my Sony MSP 13 build 955. You should find VASST FasstApps in View menu > Extensions.

Don't I feel dumb!!!!!!!! It said on the website that it didn't work with anything beyond MSP12 and when I tried to install it the first time I didn't get the serial number screen so I was under the impression that it wouldn't work with MSP13. Low and behold I just installed the darn thing and.............that's as far as i've taken it. Still need to do some testing to see if it does what I want it to.

By the way, here is my build info.....

With these tools, just from briefly looking at the settings, it would seem that this may not apply to all my clips, just the ones that I import. Once I import a clip, which may be an hour long, I split it into many, many clips and need to have a tool that when I am all done I can then create a nice transition between each event. Without doing each of the events individually. Is that possible with this tool?
Attachments:

Posted 22 Jan 2017 11:13 #27
Yes, it is. I usually first expand track layers as said.
Have Config > Automatic Crossfades ticked. See and try the Transition tab options in EventTools. Create New and set Length. Apply and see if you got what you want. If you want to change the transitions, select events to end and drag a transition preset to the area between 1st and 2nd event on the x-part of the track. (See my lower screenshot above)
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Posted 22 Jan 2017 16:09 #28

vkmast wrote: Yes, it is. I usually first expand track layers as said.
Have Config > Automatic Crossfades ticked. See and try the Transition tab options in EventTools. Create New and set Length. Apply and see if you got what you want. If you want to change the transitions, select events to end and drag a transition preset to the area between 1st and 2nd event on the x-part of the track. (See my lower screenshot above)

It worked beautifully with the transitions, but then I found that it didn't pay attention to events that I had grouped together (see my snapshot). The text slide and the highlighted event below are grouped, or at least were until I added the transitions and then the bottom event moved without the top. Curious why it would be ignoring my grouped events. the reason I say my grouped events is that those events that were grouped before importing into the project are still intact. I opened up the config popup so you could see that as well. Thoughts?
Last Edit:22 Jan 2017 16:14 by huskereurocat
Attachments:

Posted 22 Jan 2017 21:10 #29
Yes, I may overlook something but I do get the same as well. Selections options, Auto Ripple options or Post Edit Ripple do not seem to help. It might be better to add the text events later?
Last Edit:22 Jan 2017 22:58 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Posted 15 May 2017 11:48 #30
Well, I think I am missing a setting of some kind.
I reset the program cuz I was getting some weird lagging issues and thought it best to reset, and while I had to go to View>>Extensions and re-tick VASST Event Tools it was still there. The only issue is now when I use the tool to create the transitions, a grouped Audio track for the Video track does not travel with the video. I have attached a couple of pics of what is happening now. It has never done that before, so I assume that I have a pref or option different than I had before. I need to see if someone else can think of what may be at the heart of the problem. You can see in the second snapshot that the audio does not follow the video.
Attachments:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.901 seconds