VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Hi I'm Evvie, 32 vs 64, does it matter?

• Evvie
  • Evvie's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2

Hi I'm Evvie, 32 vs 64, does it matter? was created by Evvie

Posted 22 Sep 2016 02:55 #1
:? I downloaded trial vegas movie studio, I do plan to purchase, but I noticed it is in 64 bit. Though my computer could handle that I have it set for 32 bit, because of other programs I run.

Will it be much of a big deal, do I have to get a program for compatibility, or just refrain from using certain features?

Sincerely
Evvie
by Evvie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Hi I'm Evvie, 32 vs 64, does it matter?

Posted 22 Sep 2016 11:02 #2
Which exact version of the program did you download ?
Please provide full name and version number.

If your computer is 64 bit, you really should be using the 64 bit version of any Video Editing program.
Video Editing programs require as much RAM and CPU power as they can get their hands on.
Use the 64 bit version.

All Movie Studio versions up until now come with a 32 bit and 64 version.
If you really want to use a lower powered 32 bit version, you need to download and install the 32 bit version.
However, I don't know which version or website you are getting the program from yet ?

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Evvie
  • Evvie's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Evvie on topic Hi I'm Evvie, 32 vs 64, does it matter?

Posted 22 Sep 2016 13:53 #3
Thanks for getting back to me, I downloaded the new one first but couldn't install it, then I got: Sony Vegas Pro (32-bit) v11.0.370,
It has been so long since I've done anything with videos, I couldn't even figure out how to cut and remove parts I didn't want. Your videos helped a little, and there videos helped a little, but I just wasn't getting it. I couldn't get the first several seconds cut off or discarded. Very confusing to me, but thank you so very much I do understand more than I did.

I use Corel Draw and Paint, I am going to try their Video Editing software, Again Thank You.

I used the Old Movie Maker on Windows back in 2007, and 8, I was on a 2 year old Laptop running Vista. It was so intuitive, easy to use, and fun. The new one on windows 7 wouldn't let me do anything to the Video. I had already deleted my Vista OS and discarded the Program disks by the time I tried to use the new Movie Maker, what a disappointment. I know Corel will have a learning curve too, but I already use some of there products so that might help me out.
Last Edit:17 Oct 2016 23:32 by Evvie
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vidgeek444

Replied by vidgeek444 on topic Hi I'm Evvie, 32 vs 64, does it matter?

Posted 18 Jan 2017 01:30 #4
32 vs 64 - yes it does matter, right now more and more people switch to x64 cpus, If you've picked right version for your cpu - just make sure you have installed all required dependencies such as C++/C#/DotNet Libas from microsoft.com and you should be fine. if you have x86 - you need to install x32 version. Hope it helps your issue!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by vkmast on topic Hi I'm Evvie, 32 vs 64, does it matter?

Posted 18 Jan 2017 05:07 #5
Note that MAGIX has dropped the 32-bit versions from their releases. That includes the MAGIX rebranded builds of Movie Studio 13 Platinum (builds later than the SCS SMSP build 954/955).
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/why-cant-i-buy-an-older-version-of-movie-studio--104193/#ca643705

See also the system requirements
Last Edit:18 Jan 2017 05:09 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.789 seconds