VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How do I work faster with Sub Clips ?

How do I work faster with Sub Clips ? was created by Alan CBT

Posted 03 May 2018 02:55 #1
Dear all,

I film with my GoPro and it makes clips of 12 minutes in length. I record up to 2 hours of video like this. Now I have about 10 clips, each 12 minutes long.

I want to "extract the short video clips I want" from each 12 minute video and they are about 10 to 20 seconds long. Then add the short video clips onto the timeline to make my video.

HOWEVER - since I film from a motorcycle I need to add Media Fx Stabilisation. Is there a way to save just the "selected short video clips" which are much shorter in length and then apply the stabilisation Fx to those shorter clips ? What would be the settings to save or pre-render the "selected short video clips" to keep them at the maximum video quality, until I am ready to render the finalised video ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Alan CBT
Last Edit:03 May 2018 16:43 by Alan CBT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic How do I work faster with Sub Clips ?

Posted 03 May 2018 10:00 #2
The answer is in your post header. Right click on your "shortened clip" and select create sub clip. The sub clip will then appear in your media pane and you can then apply Media FX Stabilisation to it.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by Alan CBT on topic How do I work faster with Sub Clips ?

Posted 03 May 2018 15:50 #3
This is perfect.Thank you for the answer. I would have spent lots of time to find that in the online help or YouTube Tutorials !!

My video editing just got so much quicker !!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.786 seconds