VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Hi from the Australian West Coast

• Robbie
  • Robbie's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 79

Hi from the Australian West Coast was created by Robbie

Posted 09 Jun 2018 11:38 #1
Hi all
Been a lurker for a while and figured it was time to sign up.

I shot a lot of video on VHS-C, 8mm and Hi8 in the late 80s and 90s. Back then I did most of my editing on Canopus (now Grass Valley) Edius 3.6 and Sony Vegas.

After a long break I've been getting back into editing over the past couple of years and upgraded from MSP14 to MSP15 earlier this year - affordable prosumer level software has come a long way in the past couple of decades!. Not shooting much but focused on capturing, restoring and then editing a sizeable back log of those old tapes.

Looking forward to more learning and maybe being able to chime in occassionally.

Cheers, Robbie
Last Edit:17 Jun 2018 11:35 by Robbie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Hi from the Australian West Coast

Posted 09 Jun 2018 15:19 #2
Hi Robbie

Cool, another Aussie - they're actually quite rare around here 8-)

A lot of new people start video editing for the first time, because they want to save their old VHS tapes.
You might be able to help some of them out, next time a new one arrives :idea:

My first video camera was one of the first models to save to SD card, so I missed out the experience of recording to tape.
I did muck around with my parents' tape based video camera, but I actually caught the "film" bug growing up in the 70s and early 80s.
One of my grandmothers bought a 16mm (I think it was 16mm or was it 8mm?) film camera in Japan and brought it back for my dad.
Dad use to record heaps of me and my sisters growing up - it was lots of fun transferring that film to video and bringing it back to life with Vegas.

Thanks for posting a message.
Cheers :)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds