VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Hi from Austria

Hi from Austria was created by toffeeboy

Posted 04 May 2019 07:57 #1
Hi there

I have a fairly ancient (?) version of Movie Studio Platinum (12) plus a Vimble 2 and, soon, a microphone for voiceovers.

I'm looking to create short interesting 'bullet-point' videos for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube) from my extensive library of destination photos and knowledge of those particular areas. Eventually I might be integrating my own video footage as well (see Vimble).

I have had a look at some online services (lumen5, animoto) but naturally even the paid versions have certain restrictions which, I assume, software such as Movie Studio might not have.

As a complete and utter newbie in video editing (although I do have fairly extensive experience in graphics editing, html and css) I'd be grateful if anyone had any relevant tips or resources they would like to point me at.

(I have had a look through the tutorials but I didn't see anything that jumped out at me as 'social media video editing'.)
Last Edit:04 May 2019 14:32 by toffeeboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Hi from Austria

Posted 04 May 2019 14:32 #2
Hi ToffeeBoy and welcome to the MSZ Forum

I have had a look at some online services (lumen5, animoto) but naturally even the paid versions have certain restrictions which, I assume, software such as Movie Studio might not have.

What exactly are you asking about, because I am not sure ?

If you are asking about how to create social media posts, the best thing to do is look at what other people are doing and then create your own version.

The version of Movie Studio you currently own, is actually one of the best versions of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum ever released.
Version 12 was a very solid version of the program. You can make any type of video you like with VMSP12.

Because you are using an older version of Vegas Movie Studio, I do recommend that you check which build version you have installed.
During the lifetime of VMSP12, there were many new build versions released which fixed a lot of bugs and also added new features to the program.
The final build version for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12 that was released, was build #1184.
To check which build version you have installed, open Vegas and go to Help/About.
If your build version is lower than #1184, go to the link below and enter your serial activation code.
Download the program and then install it.
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 May 2019 14:33 by DoctorZen

Replied by toffeeboy on topic Hi from Austria

Posted 04 May 2019 15:52 #3
Thanks for the welcome and reply, Derek.

Sorry for being a bit vague with my post - I was just trying to explain why I ended up here! Essentially I have a big library of photos to do with my website topic (ski resorts) and was looking for a way to use them to help visibility on places like Facebook and Twitter.

I guess I was looking for a 'basics' video for using video on social media (for example, recommended sizes and aspects for different platforms, lengths, resolution, etc.). But I think having had a snoop around it would probably be best if I start out with something like this:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/63-how-to-create-a-manual-slideshow-using-sony-vegas-movie-studio-hd-platinum-10
and shout out if I get into any problems!

Thanks also for the interesting information about the software version.
Added: I see I'm on build #896 (Movie Studio Platinum, 64-bit) which seems to be the highest they want to give me.
Last Edit:06 Jun 2019 15:20 by toffeeboy

Replied by vkmast on topic Hi from Austria

Posted 04 May 2019 17:14 #4
Build #896 is OK. According to "What's New" of build #1184 of MSP 12: "Notable fixes/changes in version 12.0 (Build 1184)
Added Simplified Chinese language support." Nothing else was listed.
Last Edit:04 May 2019 17:22 by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.793 seconds