VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Retirement of Vegas Movie Studio

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 11

Retirement of Vegas Movie Studio was created by Brian

Posted 22 Jul 2021 23:26 #1
Hi,

In view of the announcement by Magix of the impending retirement of Vegas Movie Studio,; will Magix continue to support the software or are we going to be left out in the open?  I refer to the debacle of the Windows 10 update  that crippled Movie Studio 17.

Brian
Last Edit:07 Mar 2022 11:46 by Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Retirement of Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 23 Jul 2021 09:37 #2
The Windows 10 update problem, was a rare event that hopefully will never happen again.

There would have to be some type of legal requirement for Magix to continue support for at least 12 months, for anyone that bought a program right now.
However, I don't think you will ever see anymore free build updates released for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 - once a product is retired, that's it.
Version 17 was already 18 months old.

One thing that I have always noticed over the last 10 years, is that Vegas Creative Software tries as best as it can, to support Vegas Pro. Because Vegas Pro is being used by people to make money in a professional environment, it has always been well supported and updated regularly, even when it was getting a bit long in the tooth. Both Vegas Pro 17 and Vegas Pro 18 received updates to fix the Windows 10 bug - not just VP18.

You would have to ask Magix for any further clarifications, but I doubt you'd get a proper answer out of them right now.
Their in a real mess right now and in full panic mode, I would guess.
On a Linux based computer, it would be called Kernel Panic!!!
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:23 Jul 2021 09:39 by DoctorZen

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 11

Replied by Brian on topic Retirement of Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 23 Jul 2021 21:51 #3
Thanks Derek.  Perhaps Magix should sell the software back to Sony!!!!!

I am a non professional so see no purpose in going to Vegas Pro.  In any event  it probably wouldn't be compatible with DVD Architect.

Regards,  Brian

by Brian

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.685 seconds