VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Hello folks!

• carl7
  • carl7's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Hello folks! was created by carl7

Posted 08 Feb 2015 09:02 #1
About two weeks into video editing, before that knew nothing at all. Been trying three editor trials, Sony Movie Studio being one of them and found the biggest problem on Youtube tutorials to be poor vocal enunciation of the maker among other things. Then I came upon Doctor Zen's tutorials, wonderfully easy to understand! now I don't even bother with the other tutorials.

Contrary to some reviews, I'm finding Movie Studio to be easy to understand and intuitive, it does what you expected it to. The others I tried were labeled as the most highly rated editors today but the learning curve is steeper than Movie Studio.
Last Edit:08 Feb 2015 09:08 by carl7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Hello folks!

Posted 08 Feb 2015 17:55 #2
Hi Carl

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your message.
There is a huge amount of fake "paid" reviews for video editing software all over the Internet, which makes it very difficult for beginners to pick the best program for their needs. The worst offenders are "Top 10 Video Editing Programs" to buy articles. Some of these articles have been secretly written by the company that also just happens top be in the No.1 position. I have tried many different brands and still think Movie Studio Platinum is one of the best if you want a real video editing program.

Regards
Derek :)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• carl7
  • carl7's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by carl7 on topic Hello folks!

Posted 09 Feb 2015 04:41 #3
Hi Derek, thanks once again. Yes, when I searched video editors, the first to come up was the Top 10 site. I thought it was strange they listed Movie Studio at the bottom last. It immediately reminded me when I was looking for webhosts a while ago, found out the "top rated product reviews" were placed in rank by who pays the most to the review site.
by carl7

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.029 seconds