VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved New member

• Capt D
  • Capt D's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

New member was created by Capt D

Posted 28 Feb 2016 12:52 #1
Hello all.

My name is Dallas Furman and I live in south Texas.
I purchased a Sony AX 2000 several years ago along with with Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 10 with the intent of filming and editing predator hunts as well as other things in life. As tends to happen, work and life have gotten in the way. Recently I have been filming my boys soccer games with the intent of putting togather some footage to send to different college coaches in hopes of a little help with some education expenses. We'll see about that. Anyway, I am 52 years old and am technically channenged at best. I am finally starting to familiarize myself with Movie Studio and I am sure I will be asking lots of questions that most of you will see as rather simple but I grew up with the old adage that the only stupid question is the one not asked, so get ready. :laugh: I will use the search function as best of my ability so don't be too hard on me :mrgreen: I see tons of information here and it will take some time to digest eough to get somewhat proficient, time will tell.

Anyhow, nice to be here and look forward to seeing decent video coming from my equipment.

Dallas
by Capt D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Peter on topic New member

Posted 28 Feb 2016 13:13 #2
Welcome Dallas,
It's a wild ride getting to grips with some of the techniques with MS - but just ask when the time comes (it will!) and no doubt somebody will get things sorted out for you.
Regards,

Peter
by Peter

Replied by DoctorZen on topic New member

Posted 28 Feb 2016 13:13 #3
Hi Dallas and welcome to the MSZ Forum.

When I first started using Movie Studio, I almost threw the whole thing in the bin due to frustration.
I then completely abandoned it for a few weeks, but when I got back into it with a fresh mind, I experienced an "a-ha" moment.
A few months later I started my YouTube channel and the rest is history.

Ask any question you like on the forum - there are many friendly people here who are willing to help.

Regards
Derek (Doctor Zen)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic New member

Posted 29 Feb 2016 04:23 #4
Hi Dallas,

I had several different editing programs before I switched to Movie Studio. Movie Studio was by far fresh air. I was immediately familiar with the timeline and it worked as I thought it should for me. Things were easy and without all the crashes I got from other programs. It was also almost immediate that I became overwhelmed with all the things Movie Studio can do! There were three things that helped me a lot.....

1st was using the search in the Help feature. I'm prone to diving in, trying to figure things out, scratching my head (and pulling out my hair!) and soon learned to use the Help!

2nd was clicked the right mouse button. It is amazing how many options are available in preferences/options, and simply right clicking often brings up options I had no idea were available. I would try many and if I got confused, simply reset the program back to the defaults. But in the process, I learned a lot.

3rd, and most important, were several forums. And, although I got a lot of information from many, MovieStudioZen by far has been the most informative, easiest to understand, most productive, and friendliest of them all......Thank You Derek.

By the way, I've done a bit of predator hunting (live out in the Arizona high country). Good luck with getting your boys some scholarships.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Capt D
  • Capt D's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Capt D on topic New member

Posted 29 Feb 2016 13:21 #5
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I was perusing youtube looking for movie studio tutorials and found the zen videos the most informative....so I went to the web site and found a ton of information as well as a mostly cordial forum, so I joined and am looking forward to learning how to really use this stuff. Mostly fighting a slow computer right now. :unsure:
by Capt D

Replied by ziotech on topic New member

Posted 02 Mar 2016 04:04 #6
Hello to All,
Most of the entries are my story repeated. In searching for info on Studio 13 Premium I also visited youtube countless times and discovered Zen. I am a young guy of 77, from Pennsylvania, but always try to enhance my knowledge daily, so I will be visiting this forum often. It is wonderful to find a place where we can all share.
Thanks again.
Ron
by ziotech
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 02 Mar 2016 17:57 #7
Hi Ron and welcome to the MSZ Forum.

Regards
Derek (Doctor Zen) :cheer:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Kiwivic on topic New member

Posted 19 Mar 2016 10:03 #8
Enjoying your last series. I have Movie Studio Platinum 13 & Vegas Pro 12 both 64 bit. I like experimenting with green screen and have a small studio set up in my train room. I hve a Canon XA-10 & Canon 750D (T6i). I video trains around Australia and hqave made some short video's of my small train layout. I have them on Youtube(my channel Vic Tilling). I will start filming short doco's on geoology (my David Attenbrough thing) in the near future. I have watched most of the video's you have produced.
Kiwivic
by Kiwivic

Posted 19 Mar 2016 10:34 #9
Hi Kiwivic and welcome to the MSZ Forum.

Do you subscribe to Foxtel ?
I have been watching the new series on the Discovery Channel called Railroad Australia.
www.discoverychannel.com.au/shows/railroad-australia/

I have been experimenting with a different way of using Green Screen, so that's why I'm using it in the new Zen Tips video series.

Cheers :)
Derek (aka Dr Zen)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.859 seconds