VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Movie Studio project icons are showing a lock

• Nico
  • Nico's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Vegas Movie Studio project icons are showing a lock was created by Nico

Posted 13 Jul 2018 04:08 #1
1 A lock appears with the Vegas Movie Studio projects icon. What does it mean and how can I disable it.
2 Why is the images crisp when I play it through my camera but once it is drawn into the program it blurs.
I once downloaded Vegas Movie studio 14 pro for free from the web. Was it pirate software, and does it not conflict with Vegas Movie studio 10 platinum. If it was pirate, I would like to pay for itm or what should I do?
Regards Nico
Last Edit:13 Jul 2018 10:07 by Nico

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio project icons are showing a lock

Posted 13 Jul 2018 10:58 #2
Hi Nico

I believe this is being caused by Windows permissions settings.
The padlock means your file has been marked as a Private item.
There are many different things that could have caused this.

The file may have been marked as Read Only or linked to a certain Users account.
To check Security settings for a File/Folder, right-click the File/Folder and go to Properties/Security.
Make sure you have full read/write permissions.

If this does not fix your problem, I recommend you read this article:
www.winhelponline.com/blog/lock-padlock-icon-files-folders-windows-7/
You also need to read the Comments at end of this article, because many people have suggested alternate solutions for fixing this problem.

To see any video or image file in full resolution in the Preview window, set the Quality = Best/Full.
Please note this has no effect on your final rendered videos.

Which output profile and template are you using to render your videos that have images ?

Never download pirated versions of Vegas - they will destroy your Windows Registry and make it impossible to register any new versions of Vegas you may buy in the future. The new owners of Vegas software is MAGIX - they are much more strict with pirated software than Sony was.

How would I know what you have downloaded ?
If you download the free trial for Vegas from the official Vegas/Magix website, that is OK and not pirated software.

If you own Movie Studio Platinum 10, you qualify for upgrade pricing and can get Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum.
Use the Ad link at bottom of this page.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.729 seconds