VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Dark box over (under) one selection on scene selection pages

• gunner
  • gunner's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2
OK, going for the brain trust here! In my current project (actually my first project) the top left selection on each scene selection page has a dark box around it. I have monkeyed around with the fill color but (A) can't match it exactly and (B) it "dims" the underlying (?) text. I've also fooled around a bit with the "Highlight" section in Button Properties but none of the selections in the "Style" settings were helpful. The one I think I really want is under "Mask" but the "None" (and whatever else is under there) are unavailable to me. In one word... Help! Oh, jpeg attached to illustrate the problem in case anyone is not familiar with it. Sorry for the size, I tried to reduce it but the "smaller" image was larger than the original. As is obvious I'm not a whiz at this stuff...

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

-= Gunner =-
-= St. Johns, FL
Last Edit:12 Aug 2017 14:26 by gunner
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Dark box over (under) one selection on scene selection pages

Posted 31 Jul 2017 13:59 #2
It is presumably indicating that it is the selected item which will play when you press your remote button. It will move when you use your arrow buttons.

I don't like this method of highlighting. I prefer boxes with coloured outlines. Yes, you can change it with customisation. How would you like active items to appear?
Last Edit:31 Jul 2017 14:02 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: gunner

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Dark box over (under) one selection on scene selection pages

Posted 31 Jul 2017 14:56 #3
Selecting your thumbnail highlight/selection options/colours is a very personalised thing - everyone has their own way of doing things.
I think simplicity is often the safest and easiest option.
I always choose simple light colours and/or transparent options.

Maybe set your highlight box to a semi-transparent white colour ???

Maybe consider using Underline instead of a Masked Overlay.

Here are the settings I used in my last DVDA project.
I set Colour Set 1 Fill Colour to semi-transparent white and set Colour Set 2 Fill Colour to Pure White
I used Underline as the Style
This produces a semi-transparent line underneath the selected thumbnail and when ENTER is pressed on the remote, the line flashes white.

1. Select Colour Sets - press on top on Menu screen (middle of desktop) you want to adjust.
Press General tab - button options

2. Set actual Colours / Transparency

3. Set Style
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Jul 2017 14:59 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24, gunner

• gunner
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by gunner on topic Dark box over (under) one selection on scene selection pages

Posted 02 Aug 2017 12:25 #4
Thanks for the reply. The box is lass visible in DA, but still there and it never moves. It looks just terrible in preview mode. I'll keep plugging. Thanks for the reply.

-= Gunner =-
-= St. Johns, FL =-
by gunner

• gunner
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by gunner on topic Dark box over (under) one selection on scene selection pages

Posted 02 Aug 2017 12:40 #5
Thank you Professor! You led me right to the "None - all transparent" setting which is exactly what I wanted to achieve. My heartfelt thanks are hereby forwarded to you!

-= Gunner =-
-= St. Johns, FL =-
by gunner
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Dark box over (under) one selection on scene selection pages

Posted 02 Aug 2017 14:57 #6
I'm glad you worked it out.
If you want to thank anyone on the forum, there is a THANKYOU button underneath each post.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gunner

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.858 seconds