VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved DVD Architect Studio has stopped working

• Dash
  • Dash's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 3

DVD Architect Studio has stopped working was created by Dash

Posted 31 Jul 2014 10:42 #1
I am having a problem with Architect Studio randomly shutting down. I randomly get the message "DVD Architect Studio has stopped working". This has just started happening recently. I have been using it with no problems for months now. I have an up to date computer with adequate memory so I'm pretty sure this is not the problem.

I can't think of anything unusual I have done with the computer to possibly cause the problem. I should add that if I CAN get through the process of creating and preparing my DVD it will burn just fine.

Anyone have a similar issue? Really annoying. :(
by Dash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD Architect Studio has stopped working

Posted 31 Jul 2014 11:58 #2
Hi Dash

I have never seen DVD Architect do something like this. Normally it is extremely stable. It has been around for so long, all the bugs have been ironed out.

First thing to check is make sure you have the newest build version installed.
Open the program and go to Help - About, it should say Build 186.
If it is a lower build version, go to Help - Sony on the Web - Latest Updates.

The next thing you can do is a full program reset.
Over time garbage temporary files build up in the cache. I have seen this cause random problems.
I would also like you to reset Movie Studio Platinum as well. Both of these programs are linked when you use them a particular way. So please apply the following instructions to both DVD Architect and Movie Studio. Please note that this will not delete any of your project files and is safe to do.

Do this:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas/DVD Architect Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Let me know if this fixes the problem.
Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Dash
  • Dash's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by Dash on topic DVD Architect Studio has stopped working

Posted 03 Aug 2014 10:46 #3
Thanks Doc,

Seems to have fixed the problem. I'll let ya know if it crops up again.
by Dash
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD Architect Studio has stopped working

Posted 03 Aug 2014 15:47 #4
Excellent !
:) :) :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.912 seconds