VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Subtitles do not align to video - playback speed issue?

Hi all,

I'm creating a DVD in DVD Architect 6.0. I can't get the subtitles to align correctly with my video.

These are the steps I've taken:

1. My video is in 24fps. I've reinterpreted the footage as 23.976fps in Premiere Pro and exported with the default MPEG-2 DVD template
2. I've changed the timing of the subtitles to match the new speed
3. I import the result .m2v file in DVD architect
4. When I look in DVD Architect under 'Optimize Disc', I see the duration of my video is 01:54:32.115 (which is the correct slowed-down size). However, when I look at the timeline in the same program, the duration is 01:54:25:06.

I don't understand this difference, but it explains why my subtitles do not match I guess. I tried to make a DVD in Adobe Encore with the same subtitle files + video files and there the alignment was correct (but I ran into other issues there, so I stopped using Encore)
Last Edit:09 May 2018 17:51 by robbertdam
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Subtitles do not align to video - playback speed issue?

Posted 09 May 2018 17:52 #2
I need time to think about this...
Will reply again soon.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by robbertdam on topic Subtitles do not align to video - playback speed issue?

Posted 10 May 2018 00:39 #3
Oops. I made a mistake. I used the wrong set of .srt files with were not resynced to the new fps.
After doing that, it worked!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Subtitles do not align to video - playback speed issue?

Posted 10 May 2018 15:36 #4
Thanks for reporting back :)
It proves once again, that most problems are often caused by something simple.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:10 May 2018 15:36 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.846 seconds