VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Ripping a DVD

Ripping a DVD was created by huskereurocat

Posted 11 Jun 2018 03:26 #1
I know you can create a DVD with this program, but can you rip a current DVD with it? I just want to rip the DVD's that I currently own for storage sake on my PC. I have no intention of doing something illegal, so thus my question?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Ripping a DVD

Posted 11 Jun 2018 11:19 #2
No you cannot rip DVDs with Vegas or DVD Architect.

Most store bought DVDs and copyright protection encoded into the file, which means you can't simply open them with Vegas.

There are many other programs available for ripping DVDs, if you do a quick Google search.
The program I use is www.makemkv.com/

This is a topic I would like to make tutorials on, once I get a big backlog of Vegas tutorials out of the way...

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:11 Jun 2018 11:19 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.728 seconds