VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Edges of video hanging off screen

• d3pro
  • d3pro's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2

Edges of video hanging off screen was created by d3pro

Posted 11 Dec 2019 00:39 #1
I finally burned a test copy of my project last night and had the following issue. The video is zoomed causing loss of quality and allowing the edges of video to hang off the screen. Video was rendered as 1080x920 24 fps 25mbps in Vegas Pro 16. Everything is 16:9 as far as I know. I read some stuff on over scanning on TVs and players. Personally, I doubt this is my issue although I will test more tonight to be sure. I'm new to burning video to disc and I have a feeling it's a setting that is wrong or something I've overlooked. My deadline for my project is less than a week away and video work is my side job so it's a pain trying to resolve my issues while simultaneously working a 40-50 hr/week labor job. If anyone can list all possibilities they can think of I'd greatly appreciate it!
by d3pro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Edges of video hanging off screen

Posted 11 Dec 2019 09:31 #2
Presumably you mean 1080x1920 (not 920).

How much does it "hang" off the screen? If it's only 10 percent or less it's probably overscan. Noticeable overscan was common with DVD players but less so with Blu-ray so I suspect it's your TV settings. Go into your TV menus and see if you can turn it off if such an option is provided. Also check in the menus that you haven't got it zoomed in as sometimes that is another option. Some TV menus can be quite complicated so dig around checking everything.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, d3pro

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Edges of video hanging off screen

Posted 11 Dec 2019 10:35 #3
Please upload the following screen shots:
1. Vegas Pro - Project Properties - Video
2. DVD Architect - Project Properties (go to File/Properties)

You may have also done something wrong on your Vegas timeline, by incorrectly using the Event Pan/Crop and/or Track Motion windows.
If this is what you have done, you need to upload a copy of your Vegas Pro .veg project file. This does not contain any video, but will show your timeline settings.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: d3pro

• d3pro
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by d3pro on topic Edges of video hanging off screen

Posted 12 Dec 2019 00:18 #4
Sorry, didn't respond sooner. Some other things happened yesterday that I had to address immediately. I did notice my project settings didn't match my render settings as I was planning on doing a DVD's originally and I must forgot to change them or save changes if I made them. Going to give that a try today and if I still have the issue I'll upload screenshots and my .veg file.
by d3pro
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• d3pro
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by d3pro on topic Edges of video hanging off screen

Posted 14 Dec 2019 12:28 #5
Sorry took so long, this whole week has been crazy. I did resolve my issue. The quality was lost because my project properties were different from render properties. After burning a new disc, stuff still hung off the screen but I played with my TV settings and everything fit perfectly on screen and everything is good to go. Thank you for the help!
by d3pro
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Edges of video hanging off screen

Posted 14 Dec 2019 14:32 #6
Thanks for the report back :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Dec 2019 14:32 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.759 seconds