VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved A Bitrate Question

Replied by ericlnz on topic A Bitrate Question

Posted 17 Jun 2021 13:03 #11
Oops, found this filmora.wondershare.com/guide/export-share-video.html#:~:text=To%20export%20your%20video%20to%20your%20computer%2C%20click,MKV%2C%20TS%2C%203GP%2C%20MPEG-2%2C%20WEBM%2C%20GIF%2C%20and%20MP3 .

Is that what you have?  If so try "TS" or you could fall back on "Mpeg-2".  Mpeg-2 is less efficient than mpeg-4/AVC/H264 so I'd up the bitrate to 20.
by ericlnz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by IAmDennis on topic A Bitrate Question

Posted 17 Jun 2021 13:08 #12
Take a look at this picture.   It's the export window in Filmora.

Posted 17 Jun 2021 13:11 #13
I looked at "TS" and I have two choices within it - MPEG-2 or HAVC. Is one better than the other?  Do you think this will go in DVDA without wanting to compress the file?

I tried HAVC 1920X1080 23,976fps and 18mbps.  File created ok.  Imported it into DVDA - put the exact same settings for the disc output - still wants to compress it video and audio. Doesn't explain why in the settings like it does with an MP4 imported file.
Last Edit:17 Jun 2021 13:39 by IAmDennis

Replied by ericlnz on topic A Bitrate Question

Posted 17 Jun 2021 17:52 #14
I've not heard of HAVC. Are you sure it's not HEVC which is H265?

Anyway try mpeg-2.
by ericlnz

Posted 18 Jun 2021 04:36 #15
HI - yes it does say HVAC (not HVEC).  I tried MPEG-2 and I guess there is a bug in the software.  It says it is exporting, but the progress bar never moves. It just stays at the export screen and it never exports.  It also doesn't lock up (so I can abort it) - just doesn't want to export that format for some reason. 
I'm planning to get a much upgraded computer before too long (trying to figure out which one I want at this point) - then I'll try again.
Thanks for the suggestions.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.931 seconds