VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Chapter Markers not importing into DVD Architect

Chapter Markers not importing into DVD Architect was created by Golfingman

Posted 16 Feb 2021 04:40 #1
Hi This is my first post. I am using Movie Studio v12 and DVD Architect V5. I am not an experience user although have spend a lot of time reviewing lots of online video on how to use the products. I have created a video with Project Markers but sadly the Project Markers to not come across to DVD Architect. The box Save Project Markers in Render Options is ticked. In DVD Architect I am created a Single Movie and on clicking Insert Scene Selection Menu nothing happens. The video just shows a Chapter Marker 1.Scene/Chapter which I presume is standard for all movies. The movie is a 50
minutes long and I have done it  3 times which takes hours with the same result. It would be really appreciated if anyone could advise where I'm going wrong.
regards

Last Edit:16 Feb 2021 15:41 by Golfingman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Chapter Markers not importing into DVD Architect

Posted 16 Feb 2021 16:18 #2
Hi Golfingman - Welcome to the MSZ Forum :)

I am not sure why that is not working for you, if you have followed my instructions?
I no longer have Movie Studio Platinum 12 installed or DVD Architect Studio 5, so I am only going by my memory.
Make sure you have the final build version for BOTH programs installed.
Go to Help/About in both programs to find this info.
Movie Studio Platinum 12 - Build #1184
DVD Architect Studio 5 - Build #186

If you don't have these versions installed, go to this page and enter the respective Serial Activation codes.
This will allow you to download the installers.
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/

To save having to re-do your work over and over again, I recommend you manually render your project in Vegas and manually import the Video file into DVD Architect Studio.
Don't use the automated linking process, if that's what you have been doing.

Before you proceed with fixing your actually project, you can do a quick 2 minute test, which will validate the workflow is working OK.
1. Start new project in Vegas Movie Studio
2. Add video and trim down to 1 minute only.
3. Add 4x Markers
4. Save project into new folder.
5. Go to Project/Render As
6. Select Mainconcept MPEG-2 and either DVD Architect NTSC Widescreen video stream (if using 29.97 fps video) or DVD Architect PAL Widescreen video stream (if using 25 fps video).
7. Make sure to select Save project Markers in Rendered Media File. I'm using v17, so the window will look a little different to yours.
8. Make sure Output folder location is set to where you would like it and then start the render.
9. When the render has finished, you need to do a 2nd render for the Audio file. Select AC-3 - Stereo DVD
10. Open DVD Architect and go to File/New - set to match the same video you just rendered.
11. Right-click Untitled and find Video file you rendered with Vegas Movie Studio - select it.
You don't need to import Audio file - DVDA will do this for you!
12. Drag video onto Main Menu screen
13. Double-click video and timeline will open showing your Chapters.
14. Right-click video in sidebar menu to insert Scene Selection menu, then drag onto Main Menu

If all that works 100% OK, you now know how to fix your main project !

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Golfingman on topic Chapter Markers not importing into DVD Architect

Posted 18 Feb 2021 04:56 #3
Hi Derek(Doctor Zen)
Thank you very much indeed for your help with my Chapter problem. Your suggestion to check the final build version was good and I have updated as you suggested. The main problem with Chapters was of my own making although your comprehensive instructions helped me find the problem - I was basically picking up the non rendered file in DVD Architect.
Although I have now completed the dvd with chapters I do have another problem in that front menu screen won't respond to the dvd remote and play on the tv but does respond and work as it should on the pc. Should you have any suggestions on the reason it would be much appreciated.

Regards
  Norman (golfingman)

Posted 18 Feb 2021 16:40 #4
Please upload a copy of your DVD Architect .dar project file to the forum.
This file does not contain any video files, but it will show me all your settings.
I'll see if there are any settings that need fixing.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 18 Feb 2021 21:47 #5

File Attachment:

File Name: christmasnogotv.dar
File Size:64 KB

Hi Derek
Again many thanks for your reply. I have attached the file as requested.
Kind regards
Norman 

Posted 19 Feb 2021 18:06 #6
Settings
There is only one thing I can see in your project file that looks incorrect.
Go to File/Properties
If your source videos are PAL 25fps, the normal Frame Size (resolution) is 720x576.
You have it set to 704x576 - this would be highly unusual !!!
Change it to 720x576

Remote Setttings
Double-click your top folder in menu tree "Christmas at the Francis's"
Then go to Menu Page Properties on left side and select Remote Buttons.
*I'm using the Pro version of DVD Architect, so I can't remember if the Studio version has these same settings.
Normally I turn ALL of these settings on!

Disc not working in DVD Player
If a DVD Architect project is working in the Preview window of DVD Architect and on your computer, then it should also work in a DVD Player connected to your TV.
The only reason I can think of why it may not work, is if your DVD Player is really ancient and does not support the brand/type of blank DVDs you used to burn your project.
Way, way back before Blu-ray players came out and it was only DVD players, some of the different brands would only play certain types of blank DVDs.
Blank DVDs are often DVD-R or DVD+R.
Any DVD/Blu-ray player you buy today, will support any type of disc.
However, if your DVD player is really, really old, it may be locked to only support DVD-R or DVD+R and not both!

Project too BIG !
Another thing that can also happen sometimes, is if your porject is TOO big.
If the project burnt 100% of the space on the disc, your DVD player laser head may not be able to extend all the way to edge.
This is a problem for some DVD players.
Often computer DVD players can extend the laser head further.
When you look at your DVD, did it burn all the way to outside edge or is there some space left?

The way you created your DVD project...
The way you have created your DVD project is not ideal.
You would not normally convert a scene selection chapter marker to Play All.

This is a superior way to create your Menu structure...
This method will require that you render your video and audio separately, as I have taught you in my first reply.
That Play All chapter marker needs to be deleted first and then move chapter two to position one.

Start new project and set Project Properties correctly first.
Then right-click Untitled and import video file

Right-click video and select Insert Scene Selection

Now you drag your Main Video onto Main Menu screen - this is your PLAY ALL video link.
Then drag Scene Selection also onto Main Menu.
When you double-click Scene Selection link on Menu screen, it opens a 2nd Menu screen.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Chapter Markers not importing into DVD Architect

Posted 19 Feb 2021 19:05 #7
The source files could be 704x576.  I've come across them and they are part of the DVD specs.  The following is from Wikipedia:

Last Edit:19 Feb 2021 19:07 by ericlnz

Posted 20 Feb 2021 04:55 #8
Hi Derek
I would to thank you most sincerely for your help and advice on my problem. Although I've had SMS for 5/6 years this is only my second dvd the last one being 5 year ago. My problems are now sorted all thanks to you. I will of course be delighted to make a donation and once again mainly thanks. If I could ask your advice on one more thing I'm probably going to do a video once a year do you think is worth getting the latest version 17?
Kind regards
Norman (golfingman)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 20 Feb 2021 14:07 #9
Hi Norman
Thank you for the donation - it is very much appreciated :)
I'm glad you were able to get your project working OK.

If I could ask your advice on one more thing I'm probably going to do a video once a year do you think is worth getting the latest version 17?

If you have a modern computer, I do recommend upgrading to Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17, especially if your computer has a dedicated Nvidia or AMD Radeon graphics card.
Version 17 has a newer rendering engine, which takes full advantage of modern Graphics Cards. This means faster render times and better performance in the Preview window.
However, if your computer is quite old, it would be better to stick with version 12. Version 12 was the BEST of the older versions ever released.

Another thing to note is that DVD Architect no longer comes with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.
Magix claims that not many people make DVDs anymore, so it no longer comes packaged with the Vegas.
However, you can still use your older version of DVD Architect Studio with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 - it won't link together, but it will work the way I have taught you to use it.

It is also going to look significantly different to version 12, but there is plenty of help available to explain the new features.
You qualify for the upgrade price, which is on sale until the end of the month for only $66.66.
It also comes with NewBlue Titler Pro Express while on sale.
Use the upgrade link on my deals page here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/deals

Please note that v17 only works on Windows 10.
If you don't use Windows 10, you can't use v17 on your computer.
Last Edit:20 Mar 2021 18:40 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.133 seconds