VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How do I know if the project is re-encoding my videos?

How do I know if the project is re-encoding my videos? was created by Bryshecks

Posted 04 May 2021 12:33 #1
I made sure all project settings were same as the video and audio when I press create disc (BD 50gb) it stucks at 33 percent and says preparing compilation... does this mean it is reencoding my video file? I don’t want it do that. 
Last Edit:04 May 2021 12:52 by Bryshecks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How do I know if the project is re-encoding my videos?

Posted 04 May 2021 12:59 #2
Hi Bryshecks

There is no simple answer.
I need to know more about your project before saying more...
Technically speaking there is no re-rendering of your video, however there is a preparation process that makes the files ready for disc production.

Which exact version of Vegas Pro or Vegas Movie Studio Platinum are you using ?
I am assuming you rendered your video with Vegas first ?

What is the Frame Size of your source video ?
Example: 1920x1080

What is the exact Frame Rate of your source video ?
Example: 23.976 fps, 24 fps, 25 fps, 29.97 fps ?

What is the total time for your video ?

Which Audio type did you render the audio track with ?
AC-3 Dolby Digital, Sony WAV, etc.....

Please explain your complete workflow from beginning to end...

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 May 2021 13:00 by DoctorZen

Replied by Bryshecks on topic How do I know if the project is re-encoding my videos?

Posted 04 May 2021 13:02 #3
I’m trying to make a complete tv series disc . Disc one will have 5 episodes on it each about 45 minutes

I rendered it on movie studio platinum 17
23.976 frame rate
Wav64 sound

One issue I was having was the episode I downloaded was 25 Frame rate 50i and the first one month as 23.976 what do I do in this scenario

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How do I know if the project is re-encoding my videos?

Posted 05 May 2021 11:26 #4
I think part of your problem maybe that there is not enough space to fit 225 minutes of video, without re-rendering with precise Bit Rates to compress the files.

I have an "out of the box" idea that will make your life a lot simpler!
If you have just downloaded TV shows direct from the Internet, instead of using Vegas and DVD Architect, use these programs instead.
1. Use Handbrake to compress the files to a smaller file size if required
I have an in-depth tutorial for how to use Handbrake here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/miscellaneous-help-tutorials/595-handbrake-v1-1-1-beginners-guide-for-best-video-export-settings
2. Use a program like Wondershare DVD Creator to make a "Data" Blu-ray disc.
You can download the free trial for DVD Creator here.
Please note that there are many, many programs like this! You may find an alternative online.
dvdcreator.wondershare.com/dvd-tips/burn-disc-to-blu-ray.html

When you use a program like DVD Architect, it is creating a DVD or Blu-ray disc that is exactly like a bought disc - it must comply to an International Standard.
If you create a "Data" disc, you are more free to combine different Frame Rates and Frame Sizes on the same disc!
When you create a data disc, you are literally dragging and dropping direct into a folder on the Blu-ray disc.
There is no need to convert or prepare anything.
It's the same as putting videos on a USB Drive.
When you place it in your Blu-ray player, you can navigate through folders if you have created any and play each file directly.

I use to do the exact same thing as yourself - burn Movies and TV shows to Blu-ray disc.
I have stopped burning to Blu-ray disc and now save everything to my LARGE Hard Drives and use Plex to manage my library.
www.plex.tv
With Plex and your home Wi-Fi network, you can stream everything from the computer to your TV.
Plex is normally installed on most Smart TVs and/or you can use a Mobile phone app and stream from phone to TV.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Bryshecks on topic How do I know if the project is re-encoding my videos?

Posted 05 May 2021 12:10 #5
I like the physical media and I do want it like a store bought one with menus and extras on the disc and stuff.

Replied by ericlnz on topic How do I know if the project is re-encoding my videos?

Posted 05 May 2021 21:22 #6
In DVDA go to File/Optimize disc.  There the icons will tell you if DVDA is going to recompress (re-encode) any video or audio.  Look at "Optimizing your project" in the Help screens for an explanation.

Also when you click on Make DVD or Make Blu-ray disc you should find (at least with Blu-ray) a warning or information window appears telling you of any recompression.

Even without any recompression compiling a disc can take time, especially Blu-ray.
Last Edit:02 Jul 2021 11:41 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.717 seconds