VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Win 10 install videos.

Replied by Uncle Zook on topic Win 10 install videos.

Posted 17 Jul 2016 08:20 #21
No wonder we won wars with such determined sailors like you. Mike I have gone to the HP Support site, drivers and downloads page for my computer and windows 8.1 several times and I do not get any info other than a statement that 'nothing is available for my model. I will try to attach a screen shot of that response.
My son went to college and got a business degree. He was very impressed with the concept of "risk vs reward" analysis. I'm beginning to think that since I rarely use "sleep mode" and flashing my BIOS has some severe potential risk, that I would be better off just waiting for Microsoft to come up with a fix. Derek found info about a fix that relates to screens going black but unfortunately it didn't help me. What do you think?
I'm not familiar with the term "brown shoes" . I always wore black. Did you use the term "swabbie?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Win 10 install videos.

Posted 17 Jul 2016 11:07 #22
Hi Uncle Zook,

Wow, HP must really not like you! Try again at the site, and change the Operating System to either Windows 8 or Windows 7. Not sure why nothing showed up, as looking at your screen shot, same model number, but only time I didn't see anything was for Windows 10. Use the drop down arrow next to "Microsoft Windows 8.1" then click change. Also, just to ask, did you run the little software from HP that wanted to "check" your model of computer? If so, that may be why nothing is showing up, since it is recognizing your current machine, OS and version. But also like you said, "risk vs. reward" on the BIOS update, may not be in the "celestial cards" for you. You could "un-install" the software off of your machine, but based on what you have now said, probably just wait until Microsoft fixes their problem.

The reason I asked about the "Brown Shoes", as that is what a lot of the Aviation ratings wore with their "Dress" uniforms. Maybe more the Chiefs and Officers during your time. Me, always running around in "Boon-Dockers" since I was a Snipe. And yes, I heard the term "Swabbie" quite a bit. Especially in our household, since my Dad and Brother are retired Marines, and Mom did a stint as well. She was proud of the fact that she was one of the first Women to attend Radioman school, though she had too much fun in Coronado to worry about school! And according to her, she had the toughest job since she had to work at the Navy Yard in Washington dealing with all the Brass! Plus, had an Uncle retired from Army, couple uncles in Marines, one in Navy, one in the Air Force along with a cousin retired from the Air Force. Yep, even had a cousin in the Guard and one in the Coast Guard. Our family had it covered!
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.

Replied by Uncle Zook on topic Win 10 install videos.

Posted 18 Jul 2016 06:30 #23
Thanks for your comments and I will wait for a Microsoft fix. By the way how will I know when Microsoft does fix the problem?
Mike I would like to have your e-mail address as I have another "navy" item to mention, a subject of no interest to forum members. My address is "uncle.zook@gmail.com"

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.845 seconds