VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Graphics card

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Graphics card was created by Michel

Posted 28 Aug 2016 01:57 #1
Hi Derek,

As you know I recently installed Windows 10, I have an AMD Raedon R9 200 series, it's not young anymore. What would you suggest as a best quality/price rapport the Nvidia GTX 960 or the 970 as suggested on June 22th. on a Titler Pro 4 question or do you have a more recent suggestion? Will I see a difference in rendering speed, image quality, etc?

Thanks Derek.

Have a nice one

Michel
by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Graphics card

Posted 28 Aug 2016 03:35 #2
I have read the private emails you sent me Michel, so I know you have read some extra information since posting this.

Vegas Pro 14 is due for release in the next couple of weeks and Vegas Movie Studio 14 is meant to be coming in February 2017.

Up until now, an AMD Radeon Graphics Card was the best choice for Sony Software - making sure to get the most powerful model you can afford. That means spending at least $200 - $300 on a GPU.

However, I am waiting with extreme anticipation for the new software versions to be released and see if Magix is able to add proper support for Nvidia Graphics Cards as well as AMD Radeon. So my advice to everyone at this very moment, is to wait and see what happens in the next month. If Nvidia cards are put back in the mix, that opens up to a much wider choice of options.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michel, Eagle Six

Replied by ilyk49 on topic Graphics card

Posted 15 Jan 2017 20:37 #3
Hi Derek
Any update on this? I am also about to get a new computer and was wondering about the best card for Vegas Pro 14 - so I was wondering what the current thinking was, AMD or Nvidia (eg something like Nvidia GTX 1060 or GTX 1070). What would you recommend? I'm happy to spend up to about $800. I would also like to start shooting video in 4K, so what would be best for 4K video. And what about the CPU - what would be good, for example i7-5820K or i7-5960?
by ilyk49

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Graphics card

Posted 15 Jan 2017 21:35 #4
Hi ilyk49 and welcome to the MSZ forum.

AMD Graphics Cards still work best in Vegas software.
Many people on the official Vegas Pro Forum have been making positive reports about the AMD Radeon RX 480 - far superior performance in Vegas compared to latest Nvidia cards.

Slighter older R390 and R390X are also good models.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ilyk49

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.822 seconds